What's new

iPhone specs compared to other smartphones?

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new smartphone and I am currently considering either the iphone 6 or the Note 4.

I've compared the specs on gsmarena and it seems like the Note 4 has significantly better specs than the iphone 6 - such as camera, pixel density, CPU, and battery.

I've looked at iphones in previous years as well, and it always seems to be the same story. Am I missing something or does Apple simply not make their phones competitive with other brands?

I've always wanted an iphone, but I just can't bring myself to buy one if I can get a better phone for around the same price.

Are there other things I should consider in my purchase? I know itunes has a better market for apps than Android. What other factors should I look at?

Hello, This is an iPhone forum so naturally we are not going to advise you to buy an Android phone.
For me the stability of IOS is a big plus, Having had an Android phone I have experienced both.
Apple make the hardware and the software unlike Android.
I also think the build quality of iPhone is far superior to most Android phones.
I'm sure you will get more replies which may help, Apple will be announcing the specs of iPhone 6 in a few days so you will get a better comparison.

Once upon a time I would base my smartphone purchase on specs as well, and then I realized that "real world use" was more important for MY needs and wants. Not taking anything away from the up coming Note4 (I also have a Note3), It appears that it will be a very nice all around device, but my "go to" device is MY iPhone 5s....IT JUST WORKS with out all of the "gimmicks" that I normally stop using after about a month anyway. IMHO, Apple has maintained a simple but yet effective approach to the smartphone industry. That will not change with the upcoming iPhone 6.....just MY .02 cents

Yea, I don't care about gimmicks. I'm mainly just looking for something that is really fast and works on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network. To give you an idea of what I'm currently working with, my current phone is a Samsung Exhibit II 4G. I'm getting rid of it because the highest OS it can have is 2.3.6 and I don't want to be restricted like that - I've read that iOS isn't as restrictive when it comes to that sort of thing.

Yea, I don't care about gimmicks. I'm mainly just looking for something that is really fast and works on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network. To give you an idea of what I'm currently working with, my current phone is a Samsung Exhibit II 4G. I'm getting rid of it because the highest OS it can have is 2.3.6 and I don't want to be restricted like that - I've read that iOS isn't as restrictive when it comes to that sort of thing.
You're right about iOS updates for iPhones. As soon as an iOS update is released it's made available to every device whose hardware allows it to run properly.

For you reference, I bought an Samsung smartphone years ago and it died after a year. I have been with iPhone 4S for 3 years and it's still in good condition. Specs doesn't play much role, especially only minor difference