What's new

Iphone/smart phone

smilo20

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked already.

Can you get an iphone or smartphone with verizon without having to have data plan?

Um not on verizon. but why would you want a smartphone with out a dataplan? you can always go pay as you go!

looking to get a basic phone for my mother and i have an extra smart phone. verizon has a weak selection of basic phones and do not want to sign a contract.

If she does not use that many minutes then prepaid would be best way to go. i know it may be a pain in the butt sometimes to have 2 different accts. but prepaid offers the best as far as dumb phones and minutes. the big 3 just want to sell there data plans.

Smartphones can't be used without a data plan anymore. Carriers now keep track on your phone models, IMEI, ESN, etc etc etc. If you're using a smartphone on say a prepaid plan, they'll either stop your service or zap what's on your account at once to cover the cost of data

Um not on verizon. but why would you want a smartphone with out a dataplan? you can always go pay as you go!
And... even pay as you go plans require a smartphone to be enrolled in some type of data plan. Like willerz said above, it's to the point where a smartphone cannot be used w/o a data plan being attached to that line.