What's new

iPhone Setup.app deleted! Emergency Help!

Ferdaus

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I accidentally deleted my setup.app on my iPhone to bypass activation since the man I bought it off second hand did not know what provider it originally was, he told me it was Vodafone but when he reset the iPhone for me and updated it to 6.0.1 (latest at the time) it said that the carrier wasn't original so I panicked and instead of renaming the app and keeping a back up of it, I deleted it. Since I'm buying a new phone (5 or 4S) I want to trade this one in so I need to reset it & update to 6.1.3 but since I don't have the setup app it crashes automatically. Can someone plz plz plz upload their setup.app for me, I beg you.

Put the phone into DFU mode and restore.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Last edited:
I put it into DFU mode and tried to restore but it's still giving me the exact same error (it's in pwned dfu mode). Error 3194.

Thanks,
Ferdaus

You don't need pwned DFU for a simple restore to the latest iOS. Make sure you're using the correct IPSW for the device.

I opened up Redsn0w and I accidentally jailbroke it tethered again still on the same iOS and now I'm stuck in this reboot loop and every time I try to enter dfu mode using the restore loop setting so it gets out of it it keeps entering pwned dfu mode, help?

Thanks,
Increase

Keep it in Pwned DFU and use RedSn0w's restore feature to restore instead.

When it's in pwned DFU mode it says found device in dfu mode not recovery mode? Can you please help me? Would be most appreciated

Thanks,
Ferdaus

After using Redsn0w and failing a couple of times and not having restored my iPhone and updated yet, it has suddenly changed my usual jailbreak from a untethered to a tethered? I can't access my lock screen and my whole phone now and everytime I select ipsw and try to reboot tethered it'll tell me that there is a 'missing key.plist' which usually occurs when either no ipsw is selected or the wrong one is selected? In order to access my phone again I have to access Cydia and download the untethered evasi0n jailbreak. How am I meant to access it now so I can later put it in pwned dfu mode to restore back to 6.0?

Thanks,
Ferdaus

Missing keys.plist is indeed because of an IPSW issue. Again, I'd advise that you check up that you're using the correct IPSW, which I'm assuming is an iPhone 4.

Assuming it's not a fatal system issue, you can try "Just Boot" with RedSn0w by selecting the proper IPSW, and see if you can boot untethered. Then access Cydia to re-install.

Everytime I try booting tethered the redsn0w pineapple comes up and it does everything but instead of loading the home screen it just crashes turns off and hits recovery mode again?

Thanks,
Increase

Which iPhone are you using, which band, and which IPSW are you using.

I'm using the iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) on the iPad baseband using the iOS 6.0 ipsw for iPhone 3GS.

Thanks,
Increase

There we go. You "conveniently" left out the fact that you're on the iPad Baseband. Use RedSn0w's restore feature to restore the device by selecting the 6.1.3 IPSW for the 3GS. Then when asked, say you want to preserve the baseband.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

It gets stuck at 'Waiting for Device?'

Thanks,
Increase

Depending on which part of the restore, you'll have to either manually kick it out of its current state by holding the power and home button, or using a Recovery Fix.