What's new

iPhone Setup.app delete

mister98

Reaction score
Hi. I deleted the root/application/setup.app. How do I restore him. When the system is full reset from phone, no more activation setup menu(lang,wifi..).
Or Itunes restore help? If not what should I do. I am afraid that I phone will not work.

Attachments

• $Untitled.jpg
    $Untitled.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5,510
Restoring your device using iTunes will reinstate it. From what F0recast is saying, you have no SHSH blobs in Cydia, so you'll have to restore to iOS 7.0.4 if you want the setup.app back. Or, you'll need for someone to host their setup.app for the iPhone3,2 on iOS 6.1.2 or 6.1.3

Restoring your device using iTunes will reinstate it. From what F0recast is saying, you have no SHSH blobs in Cydia, so you'll have to restore to iOS 7.0.4 if you want the setup.app back. Or, you'll need for someone to host their setup.app for the iPhone3,2 on iOS 6.1.2 or 6.1.3

before I delete setup.app copied to computer. I copy setup.app to phone back.But when pres system reset. Then the phone does not turn on only shows the apple logo. And again need erased setup.app to normal work. Setup.app deletes because the sim card no from phone operator, and canot turn on(need sim activation).

Why not work cydia. When I am press cydia icon, cydia open then exit. And safari not work.(maybe it's because the deleted setup.app)

The jailbroken iOS reindexes based on the available system data. If it's jailbroken, toggling any of the few resets will kill your device, forcing you to restore and rejailbreak.

Last edited:
The jailbroken iOS reindexes based on the available system data. If it's jailbroken, toggling any of the few resets will kill your device, forcing you to restore and rejailbreak.

When the restore with itunes setup.app work.

Restoring will put the appropriate index back into place, so yes

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Thax.. I am never delete manual setup.app..

Deleting it will not bypass the iOS 7 activation, so even if you could, it wouldn't matter.

Today I bought phone unlock ebay. Few days and my sim card work to my network ...