What's new

iPhone SE help please with ID in App Store

Tifa8572

Reaction score
Hi all, it's my first post here, so I apologise for firing straight in with a question.

Anyway, I have a wierd problem that the Apple help line can't appear to help me with.
I've just spent a frustrating hour with them trying to get this resolved, but a waste of time really.

My Apple ID and Password are working perfectly with my macBook and my new phone, no problem logging into the iCloud etc...
BUT
When I ender the same login details into the App store (required for downloading an app) I get the message
'Your Apple ID has been disabled'
This first started happening with my old iPhone 4, I have since upgraded top the SE and it's exactly the same?
I have reset the phone, a few times, but it makes no difference.

Any help or advice would be great...thanks!

Guys, I've already left a post in the HELP section, but I thought you might be able to help.
especially if you are using the App store regularly?
Anyway my Apple ID is fine for logging into the cloud, and seems to be recognised with no issues.
However...the App Store is having none of it.
When I try to download, I get
No idea why this should be....the ID works OK otherwise.
Seems the App Store just doesn't want to play?

Absolutely any ideas or advice would be gppd.
Cheers!

Two thoughts spring to mind. First, are you sure you are using the correct password? Second, if you want to purchase a paid for App at least, you need to have a valid credit/debit card registered with Apple.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Tifa8572!

I've merged your two threads discussing the same problem. Two identical threads would be confusing and hard to follow, and finding a solution will be easier when every reply is in one thread only. So please keep the discussion of this problem to this thread only. Thank you!

Do you use the same ID for iCloud and App Store/iTunes Store purchases?

What's more important: did you ever use a different Apple ID on your iPhone 4 before, and bought apps while using this ID? In that case, your device is asking for the password of your old ID when the apps have to get an update.

Last edited:
Hi all, it's my first post here, so I apologise for firing straight in with a question.

Anyway, I have a wierd problem that the Apple help line can't appear to help me with.
I've just spent a frustrating hour with them trying to get this resolved, but a waste of time really.

My Apple ID and Password are working perfectly with my macBook and my new phone, no problem logging into the iCloud etc...
BUT
When I ender the same login details into the App store (required for downloading an app) I get the message
This first started happening with my old iPhone 4, I have since upgraded top the SE and it's exactly the same?
I have reset the phone, a few times, but it makes no difference.

Any help or advice would be great...thanks!
Can you log into iTunes and the App Store on any of your devices? BTW, having your Apple ID disabled wouldn't affect your iCloud account, even if you're using the same email address and password for both as they're completely separate accounts.
An Apple ID is normally disabled if too many arrempts to log in with the wrong password occur. Has anybody else had access to your devices?

Have you attempted to recover your password? If your Apple ID is locked