Iphone screen

Discussion in 'New Members' started by stunbradfordlgb, Dec 20, 2011.

1. stunbradfordlgb

stunbradfordlgb New Member

I have an iPhone 4 and have had it for 14 month! Over the past few months I have noticed a small orange spot near the battery gauge! This has now expanded down!

I have noticed over the last few days that it only does this when the phone is hot or in use! When left on standby on a shelf it is fine but if in my pocket or in use or on charge it appears!

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. EWyatt

EWyatt Active Member

Mine's about that old too, and haven't seen anything like that. I have a small smear mark on my "screen" but it's on my Otterbox case/screen protector, on the inside. Your problem may be a degenerating screen due to a manufacturing defect. You may just want to live with it for another 6+ months -- until after your contract expires, or wait for the iPhone 5. Get back with us on how this turns out for you....
  3. stunbradfordlgb

stunbradfordlgb New Member

I tried to take a screen grab of the mark to enlarge it but funny enough it doesn't show on my screen grabbed image which to me suggest a manufacturing fault! It is expanding more and more each couple of days and have 10 months left on my contract! Hopefully Apple may feel generous and exchange it for me! :)
  4. EWyatt

EWyatt Active Member

Interesting! The fact that it doesn't do a screen grab speaks of a hardware fault, as you intimated. And I hope Apple can help you out here -- we pay lots of $$ for our devices. They should hold up!
  5. goamind

goamind New Member

Hi man! How did you solve this problem?
    Thanks and bestvwishes!