What's new

Iphone resets when screen locks

lenny1097

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Iphone 3g
When it is plugged into the computer there isn't a problem. If I set the screen 'Auto lock' to never then it stays on all the time and again there isn't an issue (Except I want it to lock after about a minute but....)
When I unplug the phone from the computer, fully charged, and have the autolock feature set then I start to get problems. The phone works fine and stays on whilst I am using it or if I keep touching the screen to make sure that it doesn't autolock. If I let it autolock then after a minute or two it seems to turn off and flash the apple sign at me. This then flashes back on for 10 seconds and off for some seconds and this happens on a loop. As soon as I plug the phone back into the computer it then restarts and everything is fine (until I unplug it again.)

I have tried soft reseting the phone by holding home and power buttons together. Also tried restoring the phone to factory settings but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Lenny

Do a restore with a custom 4.2.1 firmware (make the custom firmware with snowbreeze) . If its a software problem (and it seams it is) after a restore it shoud work just fne.Let me know it it worked, if not I can do it for you online if you like, just send me a PM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I did try reseting the software a number of times but this didn't make any difference. However, the power button hasn't worked for a year or more so I have replaced the power button/silent switch/headphone cable and what do you know! It all works fine now. Charges OK, keeps it's charge, I can turn the screen off and it can also turn off automatically after 1 minute and the phone now doesn't reset its self. Sorted.
Thanks again.