What's new

Iphone not Connecting

Smileyman56

Reaction score
I have been trying to unlock/change carriers on my Verizon Iphone 4s. I tried using SAMpref but the app is for some reason not loading. Anyway, I used ifile to delete the files from the verizon, vodafone, and zepplin folders and replaced them with the at&t files. After not being sure if this was successful I replaced all the files. The problem is that the Iphone won't even connect to verizon anymore. (on the status bar it says no service and I can't even call the verizon 1-800 number) but under settings-> about> it says carrier: verizon. So basically, What do I do to get my phone to connect properly again? Please help!

Since you deleted files,best option is to do a clean restore.

You have to do a DFU restore. Refrain from deleting any files using iFile or SSH, because it'll put a damper on many apps. You can replace bits of it or the entire folder with a modded replica of it, just don't delete it because you'll have to do a clean up in all the directories for that specific app before you can redownload the app and get it to actually. I learned that the hard way by deleting a few cracked Apps and few Cydia apps. The best way to uninstall anything is to do it through Cydia, or do it through MobileTerminal.

If anything, try putting it into DFU mode then force starting it with something like TinyUmbrella while in DFU mode. I did that on my iPad and it fixed the connectivity issue.

Last edited: