What's new

Iphone no wifi?

Berta

Reaction score
Hi guys I have another iPhone 3G or 3GS I think and it says no-wifi when I try to go into settings. So basically I can't connect to wifi. Any ideas ? Or what could I do?

Do you have the wifi option present there when you go into the setting app?

interesting, are you near any wifi spots? for the phone to say no wifi it must mean it cannot find a signal from anywhere, when you tap on the no wifi does any show up in a list or just nothing? and what firmware are you on? maybe upgrading tot he latest and doing a restore could help

bab2010 said:

I have the option for wifi but it's that ghost color that doesnt allow me to click on it

Unleashed said:
interesting, are you near any wifi spots? for the phone to say no wifi it must mean it cannot find a signal from anywhere, when you tap on the no wifi does any show up in a list or just nothing? and what firmware are you on? maybe upgrading tot he latest and doing a restore could help

I can't even click on the wifi part. But good idea I may just upgrade and do a little restore. Who knows, maybe our boys at Apple did something to the old firmware. I'll try that and let you guys know. Thanks a million!
By the way it's a friends phone that's having troubles with it and I knew my guys on this forum could help, so thanks again for the help!

Unleashed said:

I can't even click on the wifi part. But good idea I may just upgrade and do a little restore. Who knows, maybe our boys at Apple did something to the old firmware. I'll try that and let you guys know. Thanks a million!
By the way it's a friends phone that's having troubles with it and I knew my guys on this forum could help, so thanks again for the help!

Just factory restore the iOS and everything will be fine, but before you do a factory restore, go to setting> general> reset> reset all settings. If after that the wifi is not enable, the factory restore the iOS via iTunes.

bab2010 said:

I have the option for wifi but it's that ghost color that doesnt allow me to click on it

Sounds like a 3G that has previously been unlocked on a 2.xx firmware. The wifi chip overheats/fries and causes the greyed out wifi option. Put it in the freezer for a bit and it can sometimes comes back. Although it wont stay for long.

Yes I'm speaking from experience...

Hi guys I have another iPhone 3G or 3GS I think and it says no-wifi when I try to go into settings. So basically I can't connect to wifi. Any ideas ? Or what could I do?
Although I now have an iPhone 4 I had the same problem, Wi-Fi greyed out-no function at all. I went to the local Apple Store, the employee took my phone to a back room for 10 minutes came back and advised me my phone was out of warranty by 6 days and that they could fix it for 160.00 dollars. I asked what was wrong and he said "he didn't know", so I asked what do I get for 160.00 dollars, I was told that "that was the standard repair price", so I said no thanks. After some research on the web, I located a phone breakdown, and the antenna plug-in. so I took my phone apart and unplugged and plugged the antenna connection in, reassembled my phone, turned it on and it worked, Wi-Fi and all. this may not fix everyones problem, but it may save some one some money.