What's new

iphone needs to cool down?

I think the only thing left to you is to get a Genius bar appointment as suggested above.
Let us know the outcome.

yeah i think its going to have to be ....but will they look at it as its had a new screen and battery a good while ago and screens not a genuine one!

Did you try recovery mode to restore it? I've posted the link to the instructions in my last reply.

Resetting might help as well: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Did you try recovery mode to restore it? I've posted the link to the instructions in my last reply.

Resetting might help as well: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.
yes i did thanks
took alot of attemps as i kept getting the cool down screen and wouldnt connect to itunes. or charge
once it did the screen wouldnt stay on long enough and wouldnt conect as it would go off,had to keep the screen alive,long enough for itunes to find it.
i had to do the restore a few times as that kept failing with error 9 and 0XE800002D.got it to restore then updated to iso9.1 i think it was ,that failed a few times aswell.but did install then phone just kept rebooting over and over again.
battery had also got that low it would boot anymore :(.
so i got the battery out and made a charger connector and put it on my lipo charger @500mah 4.2v for 4 hrs .phone has now booted up cool down screen has gone :)but i dont think its drawing enough mah when plugged in so the jury is still out at the mo while i run some tests.

quick update the phone is only taking a partial charge not sorted out why that is yet.
also it does restart itself from time to time and i noticed the A9 chip is getting warm which would cause the restarting from time to time.
and when it does restart it looses 10% battery life everytime :(