What's new

Iphone lock screen clock color to black

zinsbug

Reaction score
IMG_1516310021.113723.jpg

How does it work?
By what means does it change from white to black?

I’ve tried several wallpapers with different colours. The only background where I got digits and letters in black was white.

Here's an example of one of the included Apple backgrounds that produces a non-white clock/calendar display. This one doesn't look black, more like a gray, but that may just be an optical illusion that tricks the eye against that particular background. I don't know what the criteria is that determines it. No apparent rhyme or reason.

File Jan 19, 1 34 36 PM.png

Here's an example of one of the included Apple backgrounds that produces a non-white clock/calendar display. This one doesn't look black, more like a gray, but that may just be an optical illusion that tricks the eye against that particular background. I don't know what the criteria is that determines it. No apparent rhyme or reason.

View attachment 38923
Interesting. Exactly the same wallpaper has white digits and letters on my iPhone.
96F36242-C9B5-44B3-AE80-38E839ACAA37.jpeg

Well that's interesting! Are you on 11.2.2, or on a beta? Or I wonder if it makes a difference which model of phone you're using?

Well that's interesting! Are you on 11.2.2, or on a beta? Or I wonder if it makes a difference which model of phone you're using?
I’ve tried the same wallpaper on an iPhone SE running a Public beta version, and on my iPhone X with 11.2.2 installed. It was the same on both devices.

On my iPhone 7 running 11.2.5 Public Beta 7 with that background I also get black digits.

Last edited:
IMG_1516395684.562865.jpg

By pinching out the wallpaper to black screen the color changes to white and it remains and then double taping the screen changes to black
IMG_1516395798.210565.jpg

I’ve tried the same wallpaper on an iPhone SE running a Public beta version, and on my iPhone X with 11.2.2 installed. It was the same on both devices.

Oh, boy, that takes me back.

I once had an SE. I was satisfied with it. Then I tried one of those trick progressive wallpapers.

It bricked.

I took the SE beck to  with a couple hours to spare in that two week return period.

No more trick wallpapers for this hoss.