What's new

iPhone live video to mac?

gustav

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to display the iPhone 4's camera input on my mac. I found an app called pocketcam which does the exact thing, but there's delay because the data get's streamed over WiFi.

Is there similar app that uses the iPhone's USB cable? I think data would be streamed much faster via the cable.

Thanks for your help!

qik is good also. i used it all the time when i had a droid.

I'm looking for a way to display the iPhone 4's camera input on my mac. I found an app called pocketcam which does the exact thing, but there's delay because the data get's streamed over WiFi.

Is there similar app that uses the iPhone's USB cable? I think data would be streamed much faster via the cable.

Thanks for your help!

The short answer is no, at least not yet. I have strugled with this for quite a while.

The closest thing I have come up with is to use a monitor that accepts HDMI input. The Lilliput digital monitors have HDMI input and are available on Amazon for something between $100 and $200 though at that price there has been a fair amount of Forum grumbling about the monitor not lasting all that long. For a fe hundred dollars, you can get a better quality of battery powered monitors that accept HDMI input, you can spend over a thousand if you want a really professional quality monitor.

Why do I want to stream the video? So I can better see the hockey games I am using the iPhone 4 S to video.

My own solution is to wait till some time early in 2012 to buy myself an iPad 3 (04 iPad 2S or what eer it will be called with the new quality of display and camera.

As for the Mac, it has HDMI output, not input. The iPhone 4S might, in some software revision sometime inthe future be able to stream video with Bluetooth. For now, good luck with that.

Anyone, I'm looking for the same usage that Gustav : using my iPhone 4S as a webcam for live video in a wep-app.
Why ? I'm streaming myself playing the piano (uStream), the piano is plugged in the line-in input of the Mac, so the sound is perfect, but I'd like to use a mobile cam instead of the iSight one.
The 4S has a nice video recorder so I thought it would do the job.

Has anyone a solution to this request since the last few monthes ?
Thanks ! ;)

Anyone, I'm looking for the same usage that Gustav : using my iPhone 4S as a webcam for live video in a wep-app.
Why ? I'm streaming myself playing the piano (uStream), the piano is plugged in the line-in input of the Mac, so the sound is perfect, but I'd like to use a mobile cam instead of the iSight one.
The 4S has a nice video recorder so I thought it would do the job.

Has anyone a solution to this request since the last few monthes ?
Thanks ! ;)

Is your heart set on live streaming to ustream? Combining the DI audio with the video from your phone is very straightforward. You could even take the final video and stream that on ustream 30 mins after you perform... It's still same day content but you get great production value and the chance to edit out trainwrecks/pauses/mistakes/bad performances.

Thank you for your answer, MrPhotographerSir. The reason I stream is to get some interactions with my "public", e.g. someone can ask me to play some piece and I try to fulfill him/her. Though, I'll take consideration of your advice as soon as I get some skill in video editing ^^ I'm eager to try this.