What's new

Iphone icloud password lost

deannortman

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic already posted before. I don't know where else to turn to. My boss got an iphone 7 which he wishes to sell off or give to his niece to use. Unfortunately, he forgotten which email he used for the icloud and don't even recall the password.

Previously he had an iphone 6 as well but the problem was just passcode lock which I could clear with the help from your posts.

But for iphone 7, if forgotten icloud email or password no other way?

He doesn't know his Apple ID? That would be the place to start.
Yeah, that's the thing.. he like simply register and never remembers it. And now ask me to solve it... sigh.. no other way to crack it right? Gonna just be an expensive brick left....

If a person doesn't bother remembering login information, (s)he leaves the door wide open to all sorts of hackers and malware. You may want to point that out, with articles from CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, and similar sources.

If a person doesn't bother remembering login information, (s)he leaves the door wide open to all sorts of hackers and malware. You may want to point that out, with articles from CNET, PCWorld, MacWorld, and similar sources.
A hacker is not going to be able to get past iCloud Activation Lock to compromise an iPhone. They can’t even get passed the regular password lock on an iPhone.

Yeah, that's the thing.. he like simply register and never remembers it. And now ask me to solve it... sigh.. no other way to crack it right? Gonna just be an expensive brick left....

How many email addresses does he have? One of them has to work. If one does work, Apple should be able to help sort it out.

How many email addresses does he have? One of them has to work. If one does work, Apple should be able to help sort it out.
Apple couldn't help without providing a proof of purchase receipt.

A hacker is not going to be able to get past iCloud Activation Lock to compromise an iPhone. They can’t even get passed the regular password lock on an iPhone.

I'm referring to the fact that most likely, this individual is not managing personal logins, etc. at all and is therefore at risk.

And if the individual doesn't have a receipt, I can't help wondering whether the request is even legitimate. Just saying.
Unfortunately, not everybody saves their receipts.

Unless we have evidence to the contrary, we have to assume that a member's post is legitimate.

Unfortunately, not everybody saves their receipts.

Unless we have evidence to the contrary, we have to assume that a member's post is legitimate.

Since this is the poster's boss, that information made me suspicious of the boss, not the poster.

Since this is the poster's boss, that information made me suspicious of the boss, not the poster.
Sorry if all feel that way. I'm just at helping hand to find out how to solve this problem that my boss is facing. Besides that been told that his friend went to this website called officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and bought the service to help unlock the phone.

But end result report from the website technician is that still unable to unlock and cannot even perform a "so called" refund guarantee saying that the phone could possibly be stolen or nees the proof receipt of the purchased device.

Anyway, I really appreciate all of your thoughts and contribution to this matter. I just told the boss that I do not know how to resolve the matter unless he either produce the purchase receipt or remember his own email and password.

If he can just remember his email address that he used to make his Apple ID. Tell him to check his emails and see if any are from Apple from when about the time he got the phone, if that is possible, which I am sure it is. Might take some digging, but you should be able to find something in his emails that show what email address he used. If he used one of his possible many email addresses. Anything is possible with some hard work and persistence. Hope you are able to crack the case and get your boss up and running again with his iPhone. Hope this info may help. Good luck!!!