What's new

Iphone Help.

Nadeem

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my iPhone 3GS which isnt found in iTunes. Any ideas please people?

some more information please, like what are you trying to do? is there any error messages?

No it's just not syncing. I've run diagnostics and then it stops at the bit where it says device not connected/found??

Nadeem said:
I'm having problems with my iPhone 3GS which isnt found in iTunes. Any ideas please people?

Couple questions

Do you have a Dell computer?
Have you tried cutting off your antivirus software ?

I had to update my Dell operating system to correct the problem. You can go to the Dell site and look your model it will walk you through however you should make a back up disk of your current operating system. Then delete everything ITunes and reload make sure each time you connect you iPhone you cut off firewalls and virus software .

What's DFU mode, sorry not the best at computers. I do have a Dell but it works on my wife's iPhone which is the weirdest thing?

Search for a video guide youtube on how to get your phone into DFU mode. It stands for device firmware upgrade. If you get it into DFU more iTunes will recognise your phone but you will be forced to restore and upgrade. You can then get your most recent backup back on your phone...

I think I did that earlier but I'll give it a go. Brilliant phones but when they go wrong uuurrrggghhh. Thanks for your help, really appreciated!!!!!

Nadeem said:
What's DFU mode, sorry not the best at computers. I do have a Dell but it works on my wife's iPhone which is the weirdest thing?

If you keep having problems do a Internet search on Dell and iPhone connecting to iTunes problems. I spends days on the phone to Apple trying to resolve my issue. The computer would connect to my iPhone but not my sons iPod touch. Also on Dell's site there is a forum that talks about the issue.