What's new

Iphone has cheated and made me fool...

nish123

Reaction score
From last 40 days am struggling with my Iphone 6, they have sold me a crap. The hardware is malfunctioning and they are not replacing it instead asking me to pay half of the amount to replace their damaged phone.
They cheat their customers. They are harassing me from past 40 days. I have told them about my health issues still they made me travel several times with my current medical condition. They just want to extract money from their consumer who has shown trust in their product.

Did you buy your iPhone from Apple and has the warranty expired? If you're still under warranty, an iPhone with a hardware fault would be replaced free of charge. If your warranty has expired, the out of warranty repair cost can be about half the cost of a new iPhone.

If your iPhone was accidentally damaged, it's not covered by the standard warranty but is covered by AppleCare+, if you purchased it when you bought your iPhone.

No the warranty is still there, that is what my point is .... I also have Apple Care+ but these people are making silly excuses and not giving me a replacement. They are just downgrading their product. The after sales service sucks and Apple is fooling their consumers.

What, exactly, are those silly excuses?

What you describe is not what people expect from Apple in the way of customer service. Apple consistently has the highest customer service ratings in the industry.

What, exactly, are those silly excuses?

What you describe is not what people expect from Apple in the way of customer service. Apple consistently has the highest customer service ratings in the industry.

Exactly this is what not I expected and am very disappointed... its not just me but looking at the way they are behaving all my friends circle and known people are afraid to buy Apple product.
There is a hardware problem but they are not replacing it without taking money. They have been fooling me from past 40 days.
I will be posting my bad experience in all the possible forum to make people aware of the disadvantage of buying apple products.

Please explain what has been happening to your phone from the beginning and what steps Apple have taken to diagnose your problem.
If your phone has a genuine hardware issue and it is covered by the warranty and Applecare I find it hard to believe that they are asking you to pay.

It might be hard for you to believe but its me who is suffering from past 40 days. You cant imagine staying without phone for a day and am managing without it for last 40 days with my serious health condition were I need a phone for emergency
Well the service centre people are saying that the LED screen has a problem due to hardware issues and the complete set needs to be replaced but they will charge 25K for the replacement.
I approached the Apple service centre because
  1. my touch screen was not working
  2. Screen was completely dark
  3. light was flickering
  4. Apps were running automatically
  5. Phone was getting heated up
Firstly they said there is no issues with software and hardware, then they started saying that there is a hardware problem.. and it can be replaced but I need to pay for this. I have warranty till Feb 2017.

@nish123
Did you purchase your iPhone from Apple directly? Did you take it to an Apple Retail store, or somewhere else?
I bought the Apple phone from Dubai..and took it to the Authorised Apple service centre

My god, Apple is doing this, I can't believe it. Do you have any proof?

My god, Apple is doing this, I can't believe it. Do you have any proof?

Yes, I have more than 40 mail exchange between Apple Executive Relations EMEIA and they are fooling me from past so many days. You can refer to few of the mail which I have copied for you as proof

Dear Nishat Ali

Thank you for your email to Tim Cook at Apple. Your correspondence concerns an issue that we feel would be best handled in a phone conversation.

Unfortunately, your phone number was not included in your email. Please contact me at 00800 2775 2775 ext 83400 Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. GMT time, or you may send me an email including your telephone number and a preferred time of contact.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Adil Cahit Ansaroglu
Executive Relations EMEIA

Apple Distribution International
Hollyhill Industrial Estate
Cork
Republic of Ireland

Dear Adil,

Am back again and this time too with great disappointment.

My phone has again stopped working, as you are aware that I got my phone back on 17th Feb and within 24 hours again its having the same issues.

We have been a very loyal customer and this is not the first time that we are using I Phone in our family. Even after repeatedly pointing out all the problems with software and hardware no step has been taken. This time I really feel that I have been fooled and cheated for trusting your brand.

Over the phone also I have told about my health concern and I have mentioned that travelling is not advisable for me. In today's time staying without a phone even for a single day is unimaginable and I have been struggling from past 1 month, am not keeping well and without a phone you can understand the level of difficulty that am facing every time.

I have made a video of the phone so that you can TRUST me and take this seriously. I can post this video and my concerns on social media too but I don't want to take such an step because I still have hopes that you guys will get a permanent solution for this.

Please go through all the mail exchange that we had and you can very well understand my situation and the way I have struggling. With great shame I'm saying that the customer service centre people sucks, they have never listened to me nor gave me any proper reasoning behind these issues which only shows that they have not done their work seriously and they have been fooling me from past one month.

This time you let me know what am I suppose to do in this case.

Hoping that you will find a permanent solution and I won't be harassed any more.

Regards,
Nishat
cleardot.gif

I bought the Apple phone from Dubai..and took it to the Authorised Apple service centre
Authorized Apple Service Center? Is that a place different than the actual Apple Store? Only the actual Apple Store is going to fufill the actual Apple warranty, authorized service doesn't provide warranty service, it just doesn't invalidate the warranty.

Authorized Apple Service Center? Is that a place different than the actual Apple Store? Only the actual Apple Store is going to fufill the actual Apple warranty, authorized service doesn't provide warranty service, it just doesn't invalidate the warranty.

The service center name and was given by the apple senior executive itself..

The service center name and was given by the apple senior executive itself..
It may be authorized to service the iPhone but only an Apple Store takes care of warranty work. Perhaps you told the Apple executive that you could not return the iPhone to an Apple Store and declined sending it to the Apple Store for warranty service.