What's new

iPhone forum not working on my iPhone

Bacchus

Reaction score
Recently, whenever I try to log into iPhoneforums.net, I get logged in and within seconds my screen goes black and I'm kicked back to my home screen. I've sent a couple messages to the "contact us" button but I've received no response.

I'm having to use my laptop to post this but it's not as convenient as using my iPhone. Can someone please let the proper people know, please? Thanks....

I don't experience your problems.

On your iPhone, did you force close Safari, and clear History and Website Data (iOS 7: History and Cookies) in Settings - Safari?

Also try resetting your device once more (Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both, iPhone will power up on it's own). You know that this won't remove any data or settings.

You could also restart your device.

Then try accessing this site again.

Hope that helps.

Please define "force close". I've tried all the other steps without success..

Thanks, J.A......:)

Well, hot Diggity!! I've learned something new today - and a useful bit of info it is, too. Force-closing must have done the trick since I'm typing this response on my iPhone and it hasn't kicked me out yet. I'm a happy camper again.

Thanks a million, J.A.

Well, Rats!! 'm gonna wear out my welcome here pretty soon, durnit. Whatever bug I had has returned and I'm being kicked out of the website again. The 'forced close' seemed to do the trick but the next time I logged in the problem had returned. I'm now on my PC in order to post this.

Anyone have any ideas we haven't tried yet? Thanks..

Have you considered using an app called Tapatalk? It works with not only this forum, but several others and allows you to read and post messages to them without having to use your browser. It's the only way I'll participate in forums these days.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I love TapaTalk. I use it for all my forums. I am a moderator of one of the forums. Allows for easy moderation. I bought the premium version but the free version work for most.

+1 for Tapatalk. But I can't recommend the free version. Had a lot of trouble with it. The paid version is worth the money. I'm also a moderator in another forum and the moderation features are good.

Here's someone against Tapatalk.

There's only one version now, and I think it's the free one. There are lots of problems recently. I've heard complaints about the app crashing very often, links not working properly...

Here's someone against Tapatalk.

There's only one version now, and I think it's the free one. There are lots of problems recently. I've heard complaints about the app crashing very often, links not working properly...
Since I bought the paid version I guess I didn't really have any reason to keep up with the changes that they've made. I do now remember that they dropped the original free version and then made the paid version free. At least I think that's the way it went. I was just checking the app store and the reviews are terrible. I've personally not had problems with it, but apparently I'm in the minority. I guess for a free app it wouldn't take much to try it out and if it doesn't work well for you just delete it.

I didn't like the free version so I updated. I'm not sure if the paid version I have is the same as what they now give out as free. Mine works great..

Have you considered using an app called Tapatalk? It works with not only this forum, but several others and allows you to read and post messages to them without having to use your browser. It's the only way I'll participate in forums these days.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
I've looked briefly at Tapatalk but, in my opinion, it's just another social media app and I've made it a point to avoid those. I don't have time for them and didn't like the one attempt I made at using one..For example, have you ever tried to unsubscribe from Facebook? It can be frustrating.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest it, though. I appreciate your effort.

To continue with my original problem, though, it obviously has something to do with my iPhone because the forum works just fine on my laptop and PC. I keep hoping someone else has had the same problem and figured out a fix for it.