What's new

Iphone could not be restored Iphone not found error

kp1039

Reaction score
Hi, brand new here and trying to fix my daughters Iphone 6. already been through Apple support more than 3 times and they were no help. I keep getting this same error each and everytime I try and restore. "iphone could not restore, Iphone not found" what does that mean???? I want to fix this thing myself and have been trying for more than a month! Itunes is updated, computer is updated. Unless the phone just konked out for no reason just can't figure this out. Thanks for any and all help.

Have you tried using different USB ports on your computer as well as trying a different cable? iPhone not found means that the computer can not connect to the iPhone. Did you get any error codes?

Yes, i've tried different cords and different computers too. the error code I always get is 9

So no one wastes time with repeat suggestions what did Apple have you do?

Yes, i've tried different cords and different computers too. the error code I always get is 9
What happens if you leave your iPhone connected when you get the error without pushing any buttons or clicking on anything. Be prepared to wait a while.
if it still won't connect to iTunes, there is the possibility of a hardware fault. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store could run a full diagnostic in that case.

It does not sound like you can avoid a trip to the Apple store. I realise that may be very inconvenient for you, but look at it this way---at least help is available there, and they will very likely discover what is wrong with the phone.

So no one wastes time with repeat suggestions what did Apple have you do?
Apple did nothing but make me try a hard reset-like 5 times. Then said go take it to be fixed and I can't afford it right now. Itunes and the computer do recognize the phone-then about halfway through the reset the serial number comes up n/a

What happens if you leave your iPhone connected when you get the error without pushing any buttons or clicking on anything. Be prepared to wait a while.
if it still won't connect to iTunes, there is the possibility of a hardware fault. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store could run a full diagnostic in that case.
It is connecting to Itunes each and everytime showing the phones serial number-but somewhere near the end the serial # starts showing n/a

Apple did nothing but make me try a hard reset-like 5 times. Then said go take it to be fixed and I can't afford it right now. Itunes and the computer do recognize the phone-then about halfway through the reset the serial number comes up n/a
A diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar is free. If the problem is not a hardware fault, the solution is usually free as well.

A diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar is free. If the problem is not a hardware fault, the solution is usually free as well.
Where do I find one of those? lol Should I literally type in apple store genius bar to see if theres one in my area?