What's new

Iphone and MS outlook. I want to switch to Iphone 6 but need to make sure it works seamlessly.

iflyhercs

Reaction score
Any experienced users than can comment. Good or bad. Plan to buy an IPhone 6+ if it works ok.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

I'm using some of the features of MS Outlook on my iDevices - mail and contacts. They're syncing without problems. There's an app for Outlook emails, afaik, but you also can set it up in Settings on your iPhone and use the built in Mail app. That way, you can also sync your contacts, calendar events, reminders and notes to your iPhone, and they'll show up in the built in Apple apps. I don't have any experience if syncing calendars, notes or reminders work well, so hopefully someone else can tell you about it.

I use MS Outlook on my phone and it works fine. I'm not a power user though.. what type of features are you especially concerned about?

I use MS Outlook on my phone and it works fine. I'm not a power user though.. what type of features are you especially concerned about?
THx for input. I use all the features including automatic scheduling of teleconferences. I use Outlook for my business as do all my clients. You would think a MS phone would work ok with Outlook but it's very quirky. In essence I use email, calendar, contacts. Friends who have Android phones report they use a 3rd party app with no problems. Hoping to have same experience with IPhone.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

I'm using some of the features of MS Outlook on my iDevices - mail and contacts. They're syncing without problems. There's an app for Outlook emails, afaik, but you also can set it up in Settings on your iPhone and use the built in Mail app. That way, you can also sync your contacts, calendar events, reminders and notes to your iPhone, and they'll show up in the built in Apple apps. I don't have any experience if syncing calendars, notes or reminders work well, so hopefully someone else can tell you about it.
Thx for input. Sounds like I may only lose the Outlook telecom and conference feature which my clients use to schedule telecoms. However I'm retiring and don't care if I lose that feature.