What's new

iPhone and Apple Watch Suggestion (giving help, not asking)

Puzzled

Reaction score
I just purchased an Apple Watch for medical purposes, it will work with a CGM, I did not want photos on the watch taking up valuable space. No option to not sync photos. I searched this and found many people asking about this. I had already gone through settings and lowered the number of photos to the least possible and selected a specific album.

I just figured out how to not have photos uploaded to my Apple Wallet from my iPhone. I created an album on my iPhone called, “Apple Watch” and that album is empty. No more photos will be synched to my Apple Watch.

Puzzled (not so much this morning!)

The only photos that are synced to an Apple Watch are the ones in the Favorites folder in the iPhone Photos app. Any photos not in your Favorites Folder will not appear on your Apple Watch. Apple Watch screenshots are not synced to the Apple Watch but appear in the camera roll on your iPhone.

The only photos that are synced to an Apple Watch are the ones in the Favorites folder in the iPhone Photos app. Any photos not in your Favorites Folder will not appear on your Apple Watch. Apple Watch screenshots are not synced to the Apple Watch but appear in the camera roll on your iPhone.

Actually, if you go into the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, you can select which album you want synched. The default is Favorites. I did this. I had my granddaughter’s age 2-3 folder checked. You can also select the maximum number of photos. I really do not want any, I was just testing with my granddaughter’s album. I found 20 (maybe 25 was the minumum) photos from that album, not the Favorites album, were synched to the watch. I then thought about it and created the blank album called “Apple Watch”, and that synched to the phone, and since there are no photos there, there are no photos showing up on my watch, which is what I want. I did a bit of Googling to find this out.

I am using the series 3 watch, if that makes a difference.

It’s the same for my second generation Apple Watch, and I’m quite sure this has been there from the beginning.