What's new

iPhone a1349

Neoh

Reaction score
My iPhone is disabled and locked becaues i entered the wrong password too many times. I also want to hacktivate this phone. I am not necessarily new to iPhones or OSX or iOS, but am having some trouble and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. Cool Forum site btw. I would like to be able to get it at least unlocked and jailbroken. Im almost done downloading iTunes. the file is too big for my hotspot waiting to get on wifi. can anyone please help me find morphius? Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

What does Morphius have to do with jailbreaking? Are we helping Neo become the chosen one all over again?

OT: What iPhone are you using, what iOS is it on, what's the baseband of the iPhone, what is the carrier, what type of iPhone is it (GSM, CDMA or global)

And your title is a little misleading since I was thinking you were having a 3194 error.

Hey Boss ty for the quick reply, as I was blazing matrix agent faces with lasers set on taser phaser grazer, I had mentioned in the title the model number of the phone. I was sold this phone with the confidence in myself that I would be able to jailbreak it not knowing its baseband and other criteria. All I know is that it is from Verizon It looks as if it is the iPhone 4 and I am in the process of restoring it now.

It is indeed a CDMA iPhone 4. Download the CDMA iOS 6.0.1 IPSW for your iPhone, open up RedSn0w, put your iPhone into DFU mode, go to Extras > Even More > Restore and point it to the IPSW and it should restore.

redsnow im guessing is a software and how to get into DFU mode?

are you also saying that i cannot restore it from itunes? obviously this is a better choice and am downloading both now

the itunes restore will perform hours before the OS gets here. also looking to put snowleopard on my gateway nv53 with the current dual boot partition of windows 7 and xp pro

which would probably be in another area of these forums?

redsn0w is a Jailbreaking tool... but also has many other fuctions, like willerz described above. Here's a link to download redsn0w v. 0.9.15b3.... Dev-Team Blog and click "redsn0w" in the left hand column.

thank you kindly i understand completely

DFU mode is device firmware update mode. The best way to put a device to DFU mode is if it's on, either on the lock screen or on the springboard. Hold the power and home button for 7 seconds, once the screen goes black, release the power button BUT keep holding on to the home button for 10 seconds. Your screen should be black but your computer and iTunes should still recognize it more or less.

You can restore using iTunes, but RedSn0w is my preferred application since I try to lean as far away from iTunes as possible.

I wouldn't recommend running Mac on a PC laptop. A desktop would be the better option in my experience since often times it's more compatible. In my experience, Ubuntu/Linux and Windows is great for laptops in terms of multi-booting, and Mac and Windows for desktops. Hackintoshes are pretty demanding on hardware, and most laptops aren't up to par and the ones that are up to par or even above requirement, they'll perform much better on Windows than on Mac by far.

I go ultrasnow earlier tonight thinking that was the right one

UltraSn0w is used to unlock your iPhone, not to jailbreak or restore.

Thx for the Infowar. I boot live runs to format and/or partition by/if being locked out from the HDD by i/o errors. Its fun sometimes practice on different hardware. I definitley integrate softwares and mass develop their uses. So Im willing to go through what I have to to get it to boot Leo. Ive seen blogs to wipe out the full partition with success, however I want to tri boot it. Ive been seeing some resoultions. Still googling.