What's new

Iphone 8 plus Questions

Carriebeary

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about converting from my note 8 to the Iphone 8 plus. I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions.

1. I am only able to connect via wifi at work because the cell service here is crap. Will Imessages work on wifi and would I be able to get messages from both Android and Iphone users?

2. Are you still only able to update Apps from the App store over wifi or can you choose to have it update over cellular?

3. Are you able to store fingerprints in order to log into websites via biometrics?

4. Last but not least, the wireless charging, Does it come out of the box ready to charge wirelessly? (Meaning as long as I have a wireless charging pad, I can charge it wirelessly without buying more items)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am thinking about converting from my note 8 to the Iphone 8 plus. I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions.

1. I am only able to connect via wifi at work because the cell service here is crap. Will Imessages work on wifi and would I be able to get messages from both Android and Iphone users?

2. Are you still only able to update Apps from the App store over wifi or can you choose to have it update over cellular?

3. Are you able to store fingerprints in order to log into websites via biometrics?

4. Last but not least, the wireless charging, Does it come out of the box ready to charge wirelessly? (Meaning as long as I have a wireless charging pad, I can charge it wirelessly without buying more items)

Thanks in advance.

1) iMessage works on wifi

2) the app size determines whether or not it can be installed or updated over cellular

3) not sure websites are possible, but you can use it to login to apps, purchase with Apple Pay, purchase from the App Store etc.

4) as long as the wireless pad is compatible the 9 Plus (and the 8 and X) are ready to wireless charge out of the box

8 Plus not 9 Plus, I fat fingered that one [emoji33]