What's new

iPhone 8 Could Cost More Than $1,000

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 8 could cost more than $1000.JPG

According to a new report from Fast Company, via MacRumors, the forthcoming high-end iPhone 8 could cost more than $1,000. Sources familiar with Apple’s plans who revealed the information to Fast Company also backed up some of the many rumours about the forthcoming iPhone 8, stating that the phone looks “something like a smooth black monolith, with few visual interruptions to its sleek design. This would seem to support persistent rumours that the high-end iPhone 8 would be 5.8 inches, and would resemble a single sheet of glass, with the Touch ID sensor and Home button positioned discreetly underneath the glass.

The Fast Company source says that the Home button technology is “still evolving,” and that Apple hopes to have it ready soon enough to include in the iPhone 8.

The report does have one particularly interesting nugget of fresh information, namely that the phone might not have any physical buttons at all, completely doing away with the volume buttons, power button, and mute switch. The phone is also said to have a “far bigger battery.”

Another new piece of information from the Fast Company source is that Apple is working with Lumentum on developing 3D sensing technology to be used in the iPhone 8, although the source said that it was “unclear” how the technology would be used, with speculation that it could be for facial recognition or to improve the camera resolution, or even for an augmented reality app, which Apple is very keen on.

iPhone 8 concept: Thadeu Brandao

Source: The 2017 iPhone Could Cost Upwards of $1,000

The second phone after the Note 7 to cost over $1000? A worrying trend for sure.

That is probably for the 8Plus with the 256K option.

I read something that said each model would only be about $25 more than the current model

I also read ( on Monday ) that Apple is going to start producing their new iPhone8 in June.
The release is scheduled for September and previously, they started production in August.

So....if they are moving it up by 2 months; they must be expecting a major sales increase from what they had last year.

Granted, they did have a supply shortage and maybe they want to make sure they don't have a supply glitch like last year but 2 months is a long time to start early.

But, it's going to be good....:)

Last edited:
That is probably for the 8Plus with the 256K option.

I read something that said each model would only be about $25 more than the current model

I also read ( on Monday ) that Apple is going to start producing their new iPhone8 in June.
The release is scheduled for September and previously, they started production in August.

So....if they are moving it up by 2 months; they must be expecting a major sales increase from what they had last year.

Granted, they did have a supply shortage and maybe they want to make sure they don't have a supply glitch like last year but 2 months is a long time to start early.

But, it's going to be good....:)

If they keep in line with their policy on apps then in the UK we will be paying at 1ÂŁ=1$. As the current rate is about ÂŁ1 = 1.20 $ that's a 20% markup. Obviously don't want UK business anymore

If they keep in line with their policy on apps then in the UK we will be paying at 1ÂŁ=1$. As the current rate is about ÂŁ1 = 1.20 $ that's a 20% markup. Obviously don't want UK business anymore
It's the weak pound that is pushing up prices....We see that too on the price of Apple devices.

I want the 10 year anniversary phone and planned on paying more for it all along, and I definitely plan on buying one on launch day. If they don't produce an expensive version along side a normal updated version (IE 8 and 7S or whatever), I'll be unhappy. I will not upgrade to a 7S Plus this year. If that's the direction they take, I'll keep my 7 Plus.

My 2 cents.

I have only paid for a few APPS. I try to find the ones that are free and similar to the ones I pay for.

But...if they charge $1 = 1ÂŁ ......what do they charge in Europe for the Euro?
Is it $1 to 1€ ?

I have only paid for a few APPS. I try to find the ones that are free and similar to the ones I pay for.

But...if they charge $1 = 1ÂŁ ......what do they charge in Europe for the Euro?
Is it $1 to 1€ ?
1 € = 1,07 $

None of both, I think.
A game that costs .99 $ in the US App Store, costs .99 € in the Austrian App Store.

A game in UK is 99p, and based on current exchange rate should be 79p.

Sorry to bring my normal logic in here, yes l know l'm going to blasted. I have 5 different phones, that can take a chip and make calls. Some are iPhones. But never in my life would l spend £ or € or $ 1000 on a handy.
No way.

Thanks,

Just curious.....what do Austrians think of Britain and potentially France leaving the EU?

You might be curious we could not give a s because we as normal people can't do nix about it.

No more than you can do about that bloke running your country with the funny hair and the teenage wife.

Sorry to bring my normal logic in here, yes l know l'm going to blasted. I have 5 different phones, that can take a chip and make calls. Some are iPhones. But never in my life would l spend £ or € or $ 1000 on a handy.
No way.

5?

Are they old phones you just have laying around the house ?
Or are you just a busy man with the ladies and need 5 telephone numbers?..............:)

But yes, $1000 for a phone will be the breaking point for a lot of people.

They can charge 600, 700, 800 dollars and people will buy, but at 1,000 people are going to think twice about it.