What's new

iPhone 7+

roger524

Reaction score
My iPhone 7+ keeps changing the time zone from my zone Chicago to automatic. How can I setup to stay on my chosen time zone

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Go to the Settings app, select General - Date & Time, and disable „Set Automatically“.

I did that but for some reason I will look down and see it has changed to automatic. Any other way to disable the automatic setting

Wait for it... Only answer I have. Mine did that too for awhile. It kept switching to some time zone I never even heard of. It sorted itself out after some time though. I was never able to force it back and keep it back. Kind of did it on it's own. I heard it had something to do with the cell tower near my job sending wrong signal, but no idea if that's accurate or not. All I know is it fixed itself.

EDIT: I just noticed this is an old post. My mistake haha.

Wait for it... Only answer I have. Mine did that too for awhile. It kept switching to some time zone I never even heard of. It sorted itself out after some time though. I was never able to force it back and keep it back. Kind of did it on it's own. I heard it had something to do with the cell tower near my job sending wrong signal, but no idea if that's accurate or not. All I know is it fixed itself.

EDIT: I just noticed this is an old post. My mistake haha.

Not really an old post to me. I live about 12 miles from the timeline between eastern and central. I cross said timeline twice per day. So it can be a real pain since I live on central and work on eastern.
Thanks for the information