What's new

iPhone 7

asdfasdf

Reaction score
Can anyone offer some insights on whether i should get the iPhone 7? Heard that it takes much higher quality photos, but the lack of headphone jack is slightly turning me off. Should i go for the iPhone 7 instead of the iPhone 6s? Thanks in advance!

Come on over to the iPhone 7 don't let the headphone jack discourage you ..while you at it get some nice wireless headphones to pair with your shiny new phone [emoji336]

The supplied EarPods plug into the Lightning port on the iPhone 7 and there's a Lightning to headphone jack adapter included with the iPhone for you to use other headphones with the iPhone 7

In the end it's your decision. But the iPhone 7 does allow you to use normal headphones as scifan says.
Just by plugging in the cable, you will need another cable if you wish to use your plug in headphones and charger at the same time.
Most user nowadays use Bluetooth headphones anyway, the iPhone 7 gives much better sound among many other things.
Do a search on here to get lots more info.
Good luck

I say stick with 6s there is not that much of a difference plus say if you forgot to charge your headphones [emoji442] your done !!! You need that option to have a headphone jack

Can anyone offer some insights on whether i should get the iPhone 7? Heard that it takes much higher quality photos, but the lack of headphone jack is slightly turning me off. Should i go for the iPhone 7 instead of the iPhone 6s? Thanks in advance!

Go for the 7. It has a better battery and a better camera. And a faster processor.

Don't be discouraged by the lack of a headphone jack.

Wireless is the new trend. Whether it is related to charging or using headphones.

I think I read that the new Samsung 8 will be headphone jack free as well.

Look at it this way....if you don't have a headphone jack, it's one less hole in your phone to absorb water if you drop it.

And the 7 is more water resistant than previous phones.

And.......for $20 you can buy a Y cable that allows you to keep your phone plugged in while you listen on your headphones.

Just my .02 based on my 3 weeks of ownership.

All depends if you wanna. I can tell you that my 6S is a great phone, and from what I've heard from most people the 6S+ is great too.

Me and my wife recently purchased an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 7 plus and we couldn't be happier! Both phones come with a headphone adapter so that is a non issue for us. The battery life on theses phones is outstanding!

Me and my wife recently purchased an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 7 plus and we couldn't be happier! Both phones come with a headphone adapter so that is a non issue for us. The battery life on theses phones is outstanding!
If you want to use your headphones while charging your iPhone there are third party adaptors that allow this.

Yeah I am much happier now than I was with my 3 year old Nexus 5.

A lot of people have gotten grumpy with the idea of a missing headphone jack. But I consider it just one less hole for water to enter.

And in 2,3 years all the headphones will be wireless. They'll look at wired headphones and wonder how we managed to get by with them.

Bluetooth is wireless.......headphones are wireless , printers are wireless, security cameras for the home are wireless ....if the iPhone 8 has wireless charging......that will complete the cycle and eliminate all the holes and significantly reduce the likelihood of water damage ....like I have done on 1 occasion to a cellphone.

And when they eliminate the adapter, it makes room for 'other stuff'.

It's no big deal......

Huge performance difference from an iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone 7 Plus. I still have both side by side and the 7 is loads faster, more responsive and seamless when it comes to navigation of the interface, launching and app usage.

Last edited:
A lot of people are grumpy because the technology isn't there for apple to go wireless yet and they can waterproof a iPhone with a headphone jack if Samsung did it ?? It's just makes people spend unnecessary [emoji383] money I'll see what the 8 have but I'm still sticking with the 6s plus

A lot of people are grumpy because the technology isn't there for apple to go wireless yet and they can waterproof a iPhone with a headphone jack if Samsung did it ?? It's just makes people spend unnecessary [emoji383] money I'll see what the 8 have but I'm still sticking with the 6s plus

I'd rather have a battery that lasts 15 hours but still requires a tether to power vs. a wireless charging option that only give me 3 hours of usage before it needs more wireless charging.

Apple knows their industry and while wireless charging seems like a great idea, it still hasn't been perfected. Give it another year or two and let technology advance to the point where you don't have to be constantly wireless charging your device and they'll release it.