What's new
I got an S8 to play with. Nice phone but still has a couple bugs I thought were thought were related to my older Nexus 6 but seem to be Android related like message notification not always working.

The one handed mode is very nice, better than reachability IMO as it shrinks the whole screen down.

I had out with me on July 4th for fireworks and it did not have signal where my Nexus 6 worked last year. I'd like to take the 7+ to the same location and see if it works there. I may do that this week. If so, I'll report back.

Yes the Galaxy phones are more open sourced devices than the iPhone's are. But go into any major carrier store and ask which phone is bought the most and brought back the least. Most if not all of them will say iPhones. But hey don't have to believe me. Next time you are near any one of the major carriers stores, drop in and just ask.

I haven't used an Android device since my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note3, but I'm sure Samsung has come a long way since then. With that said I'm happy where I'm at with Apple products and how they work very well together. As with most people who switch to Apple, I also miss the "total customization" that Android brings to the table, but in my honest opinion the overall operating system of APPLE is better. The trade off isn't worth it in my opinion as well.

And it does say something that Samsung added a restart option to the S8.

I just switched to the 7 Plus yesterday from a Galaxy S7. I know this about the S8 but it'll carry over.

The Samsung colors are very robust and the resolution is adjustable from 720p to 2K where as the 7 Plus screen is just well...big. Don't get me wrong its nice and I'm sure the iPhone 8 will keep up with Sammy.

Man I'm so bummed about not having a memory slot. I had a 32G S7 and 128G memory card in it. I record guitar YouTube videos in 4K and basically having unlimited space is such a great feature. My Company was not going to spend several hundred more dollars for space so I'm stuck with 32G and only 22G is usable anyway.

iTunes, iCloud...ugh. The greatest ripoff ever created. Samsung free music, free movies, free TV shows which I would dump on my memory card. All my music is lost now, it's on that 128G just sitting on my dresser now. iCloud...horrible...Google Drive is free.

As a work horse there is not match here, the iPhone wins every time. There is price to be paid with running 2K resolution all the time, you can't be heavy user, I was a slave to charging my S7. I would have to charge at least 2 times per day, sometimes 3. I did like the fast charge and wireless charge too but never would be deal breaker for me.

So far I'm happy with the 7 Plus and though I miss the offerings from Samsung mentioned as a heavy user I'll try to find work arounds.