iPhone 7+ vs Galaxy S8+ Pros Cons And Comments

Discussion in 'iPhone 7 Plus' started by DonMecca81, Apr 19, 2017.

1. DonMecca81

DonMecca81 New Member

I knew the galaxy S8 was comming when I decided to purchase the iPhone 7 Plus, and I am happy with my decision. I've used android since it's birth way back and iPhone 7 Plus since it went on sale, so months.

For me the iPhone 7 runs faster, apps are less buggy, menus are laid out well, speakers (stereo) sound loud, headphones are loud and the lightning connection is a step in the right direction for audiophiles, dual camera setup with 2x optical zoom, so why would anyone want the S8+?

I hear the iris scanner is a joke that doesn't work if your walking, moving, too close, too far, with glasses/contacts, and can be fooled with a photo of the owners eye.

What do you like about the iPhone 7 Plus and and why is it better than Samsungs new flagship? All comments/questions welcome!!! Healthy banter wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TwitchyPuppy

TwitchyPuppy Member

If you like Cherry Blossoms, you might appreciate an S8!

3. Old Goat Ninja

Old Goat Ninja Active Member

I'm sure Android has come a long ways, but I was an original Android person as well. I don't know why, but I was determined to fight the system and not go Apple lol.I never had an Android last more than 6 months without getting glitchy though so I finally caved and went Apple when the iPhone 4 came out, so a while ago. I have so many Apple products in my household now that switching back would just be silly. Sounds dumb, but what got me into getting more Apple products was iMessage. At the time, my kids were younger and I could get them an iPod for cheap and they could message me when they needed when I was at work. I'm sure Android has something similar by now though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

iMessage would also get around any limits on text messaging in a cell phone plan, such as being able to send picture texts without being charged extra.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WinSkins

WinSkins New Member

I dumped the S7 Edge and opted for the Iphone 7+ as opposed to wait for the S8. I could not be happier with the switch. I have friends that have the s8 and are working through the phone now. Per them, it is fast, screen in amazing and no complaints yet. My biggest problem since switching is that now I am going to have to really exercise some restraint when the new Iphone comes out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. droidprincess

droidprincess Well-Known Member

I was also a long time Samsung/Android user before getting the iPhone 7 plus. I switched when all the Note 7 drama went up in smoke. I am now a complete convert! I love how smooth the OS runs and how there is little to now lag in the apps. I've also purchased an IPad Air 2 and LOVE it way more than any Android tablet I'd ever owned.
    I can't think of any features that sway me back to Android.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jhstewart1023

Jhstewart1023 Member

I had the s8 and came back to my 7 plus... I missed the flawless iMessage, the comfort of the keyboard and mostly the simple nature of the iPhone. It didn't help that the charge port gave me issues from day one.. back to being an apple fan.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zhanyaoil

Zhanyaoil New Member

It is easy to lose data when transfering , i have tried many time , but the phone data still missing ,

9. scifan57

Apple has an app in Google Play called Move to iOS. This is designed to help migrate your data from Android phones to the iPhone. Move to iOS - Android Apps on Google Play

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jhstewart1023

Jhstewart1023 Member

The only issue I had coming back is I have to wait 49 days til I can access my music in Apple Music... eh nothing google play won't fix

• Like Like x 2
  11. SLMcc

SLMcc Member

The 7+ is a nice device. iOS is fast and smooth but lacks basic functionality and to me the iOS version of several cross platform apps lack basic functionality.

Even with all the bugs and fragmenting in Android I keep going back to my Nexus 6 on Android 7.

I really really wanted to like the 7+ but there's just too much lacking from iOS and iOS apps. If and when Apple and software devs catch up on the basics, I'll be more than willing to try Apple again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. scifan57

What, exactly do you mean by lack of basic functionality? To me, that would mean that the iPhone is incapable of booting or none of the apps work as intended.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Caesars

Caesars Active Member

I tend to swap between the high end androids and iPhones. Typically it's the Apple synchronization that keeps me on Apple for long periods of time.

• Like Like x 3
  14. elidog

elidog New Member

Been using IOS and Android since the get go and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do love my 7plus and I will love my Note 8 when it come out.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Scottysize

Scottysize Well-Known Member

Main factors for me:

S8 - Finger printer sensor worthless, phone is waaaaaaay too tall
    iPhone - Stuck with Steve's opinion of how to arrange your icons, unless you held off updating and jailbroke your device.

I'm looking at the Essential phone or iPhone 8. I'll be getting one of those later this year.

• Like Like x 4