What's new

DonMecca81

Reaction score
I knew the galaxy S8 was comming when I decided to purchase the iPhone 7 Plus, and I am happy with my decision. I've used android since it's birth way back and iPhone 7 Plus since it went on sale, so months.

For me the iPhone 7 runs faster, apps are less buggy, menus are laid out well, speakers (stereo) sound loud, headphones are loud and the lightning connection is a step in the right direction for audiophiles, dual camera setup with 2x optical zoom, so why would anyone want the S8+?

I hear the iris scanner is a joke that doesn't work if your walking, moving, too close, too far, with glasses/contacts, and can be fooled with a photo of the owners eye.

What do you like about the iPhone 7 Plus and and why is it better than Samsungs new flagship? All comments/questions welcome!!! Healthy banter wanted.

I'm sure Android has come a long ways, but I was an original Android person as well. I don't know why, but I was determined to fight the system and not go Apple lol.I never had an Android last more than 6 months without getting glitchy though so I finally caved and went Apple when the iPhone 4 came out, so a while ago. I have so many Apple products in my household now that switching back would just be silly. Sounds dumb, but what got me into getting more Apple products was iMessage. At the time, my kids were younger and I could get them an iPod for cheap and they could message me when they needed when I was at work. I'm sure Android has something similar by now though.

I'm sure Android has come a long ways, but I was an original Android person as well. I don't know why, but I was determined to fight the system and not go Apple lol.I never had an Android last more than 6 months without getting glitchy though so I finally caved and went Apple when the iPhone 4 came out, so a while ago. I have so many Apple products in my household now that switching back would just be silly. Sounds dumb, but what got me into getting more Apple products was iMessage. At the time, my kids were younger and I could get them an iPod for cheap and they could message me when they needed when I was at work. I'm sure Android has something similar by now though.
iMessage would also get around any limits on text messaging in a cell phone plan, such as being able to send picture texts without being charged extra.

I dumped the S7 Edge and opted for the Iphone 7+ as opposed to wait for the S8. I could not be happier with the switch. I have friends that have the s8 and are working through the phone now. Per them, it is fast, screen in amazing and no complaints yet. My biggest problem since switching is that now I am going to have to really exercise some restraint when the new Iphone comes out.

I was also a long time Samsung/Android user before getting the iPhone 7 plus. I switched when all the Note 7 drama went up in smoke. I am now a complete convert! I love how smooth the OS runs and how there is little to now lag in the apps. I've also purchased an IPad Air 2 and LOVE it way more than any Android tablet I'd ever owned.
I can't think of any features that sway me back to Android.

I had the s8 and came back to my 7 plus... I missed the flawless iMessage, the comfort of the keyboard and mostly the simple nature of the iPhone. It didn't help that the charge port gave me issues from day one.. back to being an apple fan.

The 7+ is a nice device. iOS is fast and smooth but lacks basic functionality and to me the iOS version of several cross platform apps lack basic functionality.

Even with all the bugs and fragmenting in Android I keep going back to my Nexus 6 on Android 7.

I really really wanted to like the 7+ but there's just too much lacking from iOS and iOS apps. If and when Apple and software devs catch up on the basics, I'll be more than willing to try Apple again.

The 7+ is a nice device. iOS is fast and smooth but lacks basic functionality and to me the iOS version of several cross platform apps lack basic functionality.

Even with all the bugs and fragmenting in Android I keep going back to my Nexus 6 on Android 7.

I really really wanted to like the 7+ but there's just too much lacking from iOS and iOS apps. If and when Apple and software devs catch up on the basics, I'll be more than willing to try Apple again.
What, exactly do you mean by lack of basic functionality? To me, that would mean that the iPhone is incapable of booting or none of the apps work as intended.

Been using IOS and Android since the get go and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do love my 7plus and I will love my Note 8 when it come out.

Main factors for me:

S8 - Finger printer sensor worthless, phone is waaaaaaay too tall
iPhone - Stuck with Steve's opinion of how to arrange your icons, unless you held off updating and jailbroke your device.

I'm looking at the Essential phone or iPhone 8. I'll be getting one of those later this year.

My brother decided to switch from IP6 to S8. Paid full price through T-Mobile and received it days after it was released. So far:

PROS: was easy to unlock for other carriers without much hassles after a month off ownernership. Beautiful screen. Long battery life. Easy to use with one hand. Fast charging. No major firmware bugs. Camera takes great photos.

CONS: dropped 1 foot onto a hardwood floor and shattered the corner of the screen, phone was replace under PAID warranty 3rd party company. Few weeks later, screen shattered again while in his front pocket and was replaced again under PAID warranty. Warranty cost is $9.99 USD/month and $99.99 for each replacement. After a month, noticed the Oleophobic Coating started to show wear on his first S8, which was noticeable when the phone was off.

Not trying to dis or badmouth the S8, but I bought a 7+ before his first S8 and I've dropped my 7+ many times and not a single sign of dings or dents or shattered screen. No signs of the Oleophobic Coating wearing off.