What's new

Iphone 7 plus slow

mrozee

Reaction score
Hi my iphone 7 plus loads websites very slowly yet in speedy wifi. I have closed all other apps and also have few apps on background update!
What can be the course. I am on ios 10.2.1

Hi my iphone 7 plus loads websites very slowly yet in speedy wifi. I have closed all other apps and also have few apps on background update!
What can be the course. I am on ios 10.2.1
Does the problem only occur on WiFi or will it happen when using cellular data as well?

Try doing a speed test on the WiFi to see if it is as fast as you are being told

Double check which Wi-Fi network you are actually on and that it is the correct one.

You could try toggling the wifi assist option off under settings-mobile data-scroll to the bottom. Worked for me [emoji1360]

Old post, so sorry, but when this starts happening on my home wifi, a quick reset of the router fixes it. Sometimes everything else on the wifi is working fine, but for some reason not too great on my iPhone or iPad. When I reset the router it's good again.

Old post, so sorry, but when this starts happening on my home wifi, a quick reset of the router fixes it. Sometimes everything else on the wifi is working fine, but for some reason not too great on my iPhone or iPad. When I reset the router it's good again.

I have a D-link router and sometimes run into this issue. If u log in to your routers admin setup on some routers, like mine, you can change which connected device gets priority over the others. Maybe if yours has this option you could set your phone as priority 1. If not it sounds as tho there is some router issue. Could someone have accessed your router or are other devices connected which could be using your bandwidth and when u reset it causes the device to be disconnected until later when your issue returns? Try changing your router password. A great app for testing your routers connection speed would be found at Speedtest.net. good luck fixing your issue. Cheers!