What's new

iPhone 7 plus on the way, what to do?

SLMcc

Reaction score
So I have a new iPhone 7 plus on the way. It should ship today, 1/9 and arrive 1/11.

As a current Android user, what can or should I do before the phone arrives? PC software I should install, Apple accounts? Anything like that?

Thanks!

Thanks. I'll do that tonight.

I'm used to Google Play for downloading apps. Is an Apple ID what I need for the app store?

Edit. I'm guessing I want the users guide for iOS 10?

Thanks. I'll do that tonight.

I'm used to Google Play for downloading apps. Is an Apple ID what I need for the app store?
Yes, you need an Apple ID to purchase and download apps from the App Store and for iTunes content.

You'll need the iOS 10 iPhone user guide.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll start reading that today!

Thanks! I saw that but haven't found if it just copies or if it deletes everything off the Android side. This should be fun!
No idea either, sorry!

I've used CopyMyData when I moved from my SGS 3 to the iPhone, and I've also helped my son and daughter moving their content, using that app. It's available in Google Play and App Store, afaik.

Best advice that I can give you is for you to open an Apple ID on your windows computer and then when you open the Apple ID go to photograph there you can upload every single photograph that you had in your other phone basically you're transferring it to the Apple phone also turn your contacts in your android phone into CSV format so Apple will recognize them and then email that to you yourself when you get the new iPhone, that way you have all of the contacts and it is a smooth transition

Best advice that I can give you is for you to open an Apple ID on your windows computer and then when you open the Apple ID go to photograph there you can upload every single photograph that you had in your other phone basically you're transferring it to the Apple phone also turn your contacts in your android phone into CSV format so Apple will recognize them and then email that to you yourself when you get the new iPhone, that way you have all of the contacts and it is a smooth transition
Great, thanks for the tips! I set up an Apple ID earlier. I need to get iTunes? on my computer now I guess.

That would help
Remember anything you add to your "iCloud"
Goes on to your phone as soon as you connect it with your password and give it access to the cloud

That would help
Remember anything you add to your "iCloud"
Goes on to your phone as soon as you connect it with your password and give it access to the cloud
Ah, cool. Thanks!

Everyone already told you the best advice so I'll just say, get ready for battery life like you've never seen before. Also, get ready for things to "just work". Forget about what launcher to install. Steve already took care of that for you 10 years ago yesterday.

How exciting, I'm sure you will love your new iPhone.

How exciting, I'm sure you will love your new iPhone.
I'm kinda looking forward to it. I usually enjoy a challenge. :D There's going to be so much to get used to it is a little intimidating. Or a lot!

I managed to get iTunes on my PC last night and I think I made it happy. Got busy and didn't get to read much of the manual so hopefully tonight some.