What's new

iPhone 7 plus Mophie Juice Pack

marcus8789

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just picked up my iPhone 7plus along with a Mophie Juice Pack Air with a 2,420mAh battery. Both the phone and the Mophie started out the day at 100% battery. I had the Mophie off (not charging) because I wanted the iPhone to drop to 40%. Once the iPhone dropped to 40% I turned on the Mophie and never touched my phone. I turned off all apps running in the background before I turned on the Mophie and set the iPhone on my desk and waited to see how much it would actually charge my phone.
After a while it finished depleting the Mophie, and my phone was now at 77%. That's only a 37% charge. Does this seem normal or a little on the low end? I was told by apple that it would get me 60% battery charge. I wanted to check with all of you before I contacted Mophie.

Thanks in advance
IMG_1484358019.014799.jpg

Hi l found this charger in a draw recently and wanted to test it on my iPhone 7 Not iPhone 7 Plus this only cost about €10 ages ago. Today l will do the same test you have and report back. But to me 33% does seem low, however the iPhone 7plus is a high capacity battery l believe.
View attachment 29953View attachment 29954

My battery pack gave me a return of 29% if that's of any use to you.

The only time you will see the case provide a full 60% worth of charge is if you started to charge the phone when it has died, or close to running out of charge. After 60% the phones batter becomes harder to charge, requiring more power from the case (hence why it died faster).

I bought an Anker one off Amazon which they claim gives 140% extra charge but there's no way in hell it's even close to that. I'd assume the 60% is a best case scenario.

I figured out what was wrong.

So here's the deal. I plugged my iPhone to this mophie and I've been charging the mophie at night while it was hooked up to my iPhone.
When I woke up every morning, I'd unplug the Mophie from the wall charger and my phone would say I have 100% (which was correct) then I would turn my phone over and check the battery level on my mophie (no longer plugged in to a power source) and the mophie would read 100% charge and ready to use. The mophie is designed to charge the phone first, then itself. Well, today I charged the mophie by itself and it took forever. I would check the battery level and 3 lights would light up or 75%...and the 4th would keep on blinking (indicating still being charged). So I decided to unplug the mophie and see what it says. I did, and thinking it would say 3 lights or 75%, it was reading 100% charge. But it wasn't 100% charged, it's only 75%. So I plugged the Mophie back in to the wall charger and let the final 4th light stop blinking. Once it stopped....I waited til my phones battery percentage dropped to 10%. I turned on the Mophie and it charged my phone back up 65%. That's a 55% charge off a Mophie that two days ago was only giving me 37% charge before dying.
Checking the battery on my mophie while it's not on a power source Is an inaccurate reading and it can only be accurately checked while plugged in to a power source.
In final, just check the battery level on the Mophie when it's still plugged into a power source and make sure the 4th light stopped blinking. If it's still blinking....ur Mophie is somewhere between 75%-100% or a 37% charge to 55% charge to ur iPhone.

I have read this twice, and that's what happened with the charger l have. And a better one from ifixit on my i5s l believe the iPhone must be almost empty before these chargers function to full capacity. That is what your saying yes?
Excuse my ignorance l'm new on Earth

I signed up for this campaign:

EDITED - no links to crowdfunding sites

Last edited by a moderator: