What's new

iPhone 7+ and Ford sync

sprinkler_dude

Reaction score
I had a 6+ and the voice to text worked great. Now with the 7+ I get the message on the radio the this phone doesn't support this blue tooth function. Anyone have any ideas? Btw, the Sync software is current.
Thanks,
Phil

I rented a Ford Explorer last summer that has Ford Sync and I remember having to manually tweak the settings in the Sync to allow Audio/Music + Phone Calls through Bluetooth. There's an option in SYNC that you have to choose to allow both to work, otherwise it's one or the other.

Similar issue with a Dodge Journey saying that my device wasn't supported. I removed the device and re-paired it and the issue solved itself.

Hope one of these methods helps you.

Mine worked fine with 6+ as well, and now only sometimes with my 7+, although I rarely make outgoing calls. Anyways, with 6+, no problems, but with 7+ I can't answer calls anymore. Well, I can, but I can't hear anything, either from phone or from car speakers. Before I would answer on touch screen of car and be able to talk. No I still can do that, but I won't hear anything, and trying on the phone doesn't work either. If I answer from phone while in car, same thing, I can't hear from phone or car. When someone calls me now, I just wait for the ringing to stop then call them back from the phone. I can't make outgoing calls from car anymore and I'm tired of trying to figure out. Worked fine with 6+.

Odd thing for me is using Siri to make calls she connects, through Bluetooth, to Sync by placing an incoming call.

I see a connection on my radio, my phone number, I converse with Siri, she goes to call out and my radio shows call ended then the number I am calling comes up on the radio and it dials out. I speak and hear through the radio.