What's new

Iphone 7-7 plus gps not working properly

Jo3lito

Reaction score
Anyone else having gps tracking problems when using maps, waze, or any other? It sets my location 15-20 miles off from where i actually am it's frustrating..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frustrating indeed. I have absolutely no idea what might cause this. If it were a hardware fault, I'd expect it not to work at all. Has it ever worked properly?

You could try resetting settings, but I'm not hopeful that this would help. Settings/Reset/Reset All Settings.

GPS accuracy on my 5s is pinpoint. When I leave the highway to cross a scale, which doesn't result in much of a deviation from my route, the phone is shouting at me within seconds to get back on route.

I'd suggest taking it to Apple for some diagnostics. I couldn't live with a phone with that level of inaccuracy.

My gps literally took me in a giant square 2 times before taking me in the complete Wrong direction. I was content trying at least 3 just to see if I was missing something lol.

Something is def off with this gps.

Frustrating indeed. I have absolutely no idea what might cause this. If it were a hardware fault, I'd expect it not to work at all. Has it ever worked properly?

You could try resetting settings, but I'm not hopeful that this would help. Settings/Reset/Reset All Settings.

GPS accuracy on my 5s is pinpoint. When I leave the highway to cross a scale, which doesn't result in much of a deviation from my route, the phone is shouting at me within seconds to get back on route.

I'd suggest taking it to Apple for some diagnostics. I couldn't live with a phone with that level of inaccuracy.

With my 6s Plus I had accuracy within half a mile 99% of the time.. and i used both waze and google maps never failed me even when I had no cellular signal.
I upgraded to the 7 Plus and it is ridiculous I literally spend 10-12 hours every day driving in Florida end to end.. and its frustrating indeed. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with where I am located at.. a google maps update just came out today so I hope that fixes the issue, if not I will most definitely be taking the device in for check up.. this is the reason I have never traded up to the newest phone as soon as it comes out -_-

My gps literally took me in a giant square 2 times before taking me in the complete Wrong direction. I was content trying at least 3 just to see if I was missing something lol.

Something is def off with this gps.

Yep its ridiculous, I'm very disappointed with apple... to be completely honest I believe it has a lot to do with the change in the way they have the devices antennas set now.

I've used waze on my iPhone 7 Plus for the past two days without any issues. Could it be where you live?

For me waze worked decently for half a day then it just froze up and said searching for gps location try going outside..

These are google map screenshots of how far off it throws my location compared to where the route actually is.

11f2d3d04047ff5596572bd29f2c1473.png
e33b9dccfaba74274e9c8afcb7c78857.png

With my 6s Plus I had accuracy within half a mile 99% of the time.. and i used both waze and google maps never failed me even when I had no cellular signal.
I upgraded to the 7 Plus and it is ridiculous I literally spend 10-12 hours every day driving in Florida end to end.. and its frustrating indeed. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with where I am located at.. a google maps update just came out today so I hope that fixes the issue, if not I will most definitely be taking the device in for check up.. this is the reason I have never traded up to the newest phone as soon as it comes out -_-

Have you reset your network services? Also, try turning off location services, re-booting and then turning on location services.

Have you reset your network services? Also, try turning off location services, re-booting and then turning on location services.

I tried all of the above and also tried a system restore still no go I may go to a genius bar this week

I tried all of the above and also tried a system restore still no go I may go to a genius bar this week

Make a backup before you do. They may replace the phone on the spot.