What's new

iPhone 6 Replacement Headphones

AppleDon

Reaction score
I'm not sure that the iPhone 6 earbuds will be any better than the iPhone 5 so will be looking for some headphones to go with my pre-ordered 6 Plus. I am not keen on beats but have seen the new Sennheiser Urbanite headphones which seem to be directly competing. I have always heard great things about Sennheiser and wondered if anyone has hear these at all?

Those are pretty sharp!!:) Kinda pricey for me, since I'm partially deaf in one ear....!!:(
Used Senn HD Open Air "cans" for many years when I was in broadcasting....REALLY comfortable, and could take a beating and come back for more!!

I'm very very tempeted! Although I did also see these new Momentum - in ears on the same site and might go for these first to see what the Sennheiser sound is like!?!?!

I've tried the Urbanites through a friend and they blow Beats right out of the water. Against Studios, they fair slightly better in my biased opinion and does not require batteries, which is a definitive plus. Occasionally I would borrow his Urbanites, but I prefer my SOL v10s since the bass seems a little cleaner than the Urbanites.

Start hunting now, and you can probably purchase them through Amazon during Cyber Monday week at a significantly lower price if you can wait that long

I'm not sure that the iPhone 6 earbuds will be any better than the iPhone 5 so will be looking for some headphones to go with my pre-ordered 6 Plus. I am not keen on beats but have seen the new Sennheiser Urbanite headphones which seem to be directly competing. I have always heard great things about Sennheiser and wondered if anyone has hear these at all?
This is a very difficult question. There is not going to be just one answer. There are several types of ear phones from open back to closed back, portable etc.
THE most important thing in choosing though will be your own ears. No two top model ear phones costing a grand will sound the same, they will both reproduce music that will either please the individual or not. My point is to listen to a selection and yes you should be able to hear a difference.

I tend to lean toward Sennheiser as they generally produce the type of sound reproduction I enjoy. Other people will, of course, prefer other brands

The above head phones are decent quality and produce a decent sound for their price point. When they are run in they should be able to please. I write again the best thing to do is to listen to a pair before investing.

Kind regards,

Ryland