What's new

Iphone 6 question about swapping 6s hardware

bobnalong

Reaction score
Sorry guys I am defiantly a novice when it comes to this stuff. My question is I have a Iphone 6 16gb
that will not power on at all. It is Not cloud nor Activation locked. I also have a Iphone 6s 128gb that Will power on & functions perfectly. But it IS Cloud / Activation Locked. Is there any way to swap out the 16gb & 8mp camera from the Iphone 6 & put in the 128gb & 12mp camera from the Iphone 6s and anything else that might be swap able??? So I will then have one Good Unlocked Iphone???
Thanks Melissa

The parts are not cross compatible between the two different iPhone models. I'm afraid that the iCloud activation locked iPhone is an expensive paperweight and you'll have to take the other iPhone in for a diagnostic and repair estimate.

I was afraid of that. Ok so can you swap stuff from 1 iphone 6s to another another iphone 6s? Under the same circumstance as I posted in the original post? { ie: 6s to 6s instead of 6s to 6 } For some reason that dosen't sound right, but you know what I am talking about right?
Thanks

You could, but the activation lock is tied to the motherboard and swapping out parts wouldn't solve the problem. In addition, the flash storage is soldered to the motherboard and can't be removed.