What's new

iPhone 6 problem.

The iPhone 6 was new but was mailed to her. At one stage she had her g-mail and phone number on the international website attached to a Medical Conference she was President of for people around the globe to make contact to attend the conference. That was back in April this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't heard something like this from a stock iPhone. Is it jailbroken?

If her Gmail address pasword is strong, this can't happen. If she uses it as Apple ID, she should set up two-step verification, in case she didn't already. Apple would also send an email as soon as it notices any activity on an Apple ID or iCloud ID.

Last edited:
If an iPhone is tricked into joining a malicious internet connection, it can be hacked.

If you are near an Apple Store they could run a diagnostic test to detect any malware. If there is any it could be restored to factory settings.

Due to Apple's sandboxing feature, it will be very hard to hack it. A malicious network can show passwords and other information to an observer, but he won't be able to use this knowledge for the iPhone directly. Just for the accounts that are connected to it, so he can login and use the information there... It's easy to hack a jailbroken iDevice, though.

Some of the websites you mentioned sound suspicious. Make sure that the privacy and security settings for Safari don't allow all cookies, and that Fraudulent Website Warning and Do Not Track are enabled.

It's not necessary to take it to Apple to restore it to factory settings. You can do it yourself. Go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Erase all Content and Settings". This will remove every information, including Apple ID and iCloud ID. You'll have to set it up completely afterwards.

We did end up going to the Apple Store and while there the App,e assistant detected the Vssh Lite crashing in the background as well as an App which he didn't quote. I suppose being do naive as we are and trusting each other, none of us asked the apple guy to recover that crashing Vssh Lite to find out who was behind it. Now we will never know.
Apple Store rebooted the iPhone to factory base.
It was only when I got her Mac and scanned it with the iMyFone D-data ( downloaded onto her Mac upon advise of my work IT) we found a lot of history entry to reset her spple ID which she did not remember doing that many.
What got me are the following http entires:
Www. Tumblr sessions
Www. Hide SMS vault
Www. RSVP dating site
Www. C-Dating site
Www. Cydia download without jailbreaking
Finally the: Vssh Lite which normally comes with the Mac for those that know how to use it. This Vssh Lite is used between computers as well as iPhones for private tunnelling of documents, communication etc., I've been reading about if for a while now and it's shocking to know how people can abuse systems.
I'm fighting the idea that my partner may have had an online affair as its been over a year, she's been coming to bed very late ( 11 pm or so) 7 days a week. The opportunity to surf the Internet was good but for what reason, I will never know. My life has changed and I'm a broken, lost and confused man.
Based on your experience and knowledge, can hackers access one's gone and use safari or google to download stuff that will append to the iPhone's history????
In my partner's g-mail history was a Cydia video as well as the hang out video which she claims never to have downloaded it watched. I'm numbs... Please help if you know someone who is skill at that.

That's very disturbing. Hackers can take over a device. A Cyber Security expert might be able to help, but if it is your wife's phone, that might be difficult.

It's very unlikely that a hacker has taken over her device if it isn't jailbroken.

That's very disturbing. Hackers can take over a device. A Cyber Security expert might be able to help, but if it is your wife's phone, that might be difficult.

No problem in getting my wife's iPhone. We're in this together. She is aware Im chatting to you lovely people. I show her the chat. All good. She wants answers too.she gave me sell if her devices to scan and find the culprit.

It's very unlikely that a hacker has taken over her device if it isn't jailbroken.

She's always told me that she's never ever seen or read that Cydia or attempted to download it.

Could she have accidentally downloaded some Malware? It has subtle ways of getting you to click on it and inadvertently download it.

If she went to the correct site for Cydia, nothing should have happened. There are some scam sites, though, pretending to let you download Cydia, but make you download apps from the App Store. If she opened one of these scam sites, that would be an explanation for some of the sites you find in her history, or the app you've deleted earlier.

That's right.
Something similar can happen with other scam sites as well.