What's new

iPhone 6 plus charger question? Need help

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a very quick question about the iPhone 6 plus... I finally got mine after a long wait which could have been shorter if I had thought of ebay sooner... Anyway, I live in Italy and the iPhone is american so the plug is different... I can't find the adapter for the american plug so in the meantime what other charger can I use that doesn't damage AT ALL the battery? Would an iPad 2 charger do the trick? Or is it too much? I really have no idea...

Hi everyone, I have a very quick question about the iPhone 6 plus... I finally got mine after a long wait which could have been shorter if I had thought of ebay sooner... Anyway, I live in Italy and the iPhone is american so the plug is different... I can't find the adapter for the american plug so in the meantime what other charger can I use that doesn't damage AT ALL the battery? Would an iPad 2 charger do the trick? Or is it too much? I really have no idea...
It's perfectly safe to use an iPad charger to charge your iPhone 6 plus. The iphone will only draw the current it needs, the charger will not force more current than the iPhone can take. You can also plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer to charge as well as sync your iPhone.

It's perfectly safe to use an iPad charger to charge your iPhone 6 plus. The iphone will only draw the current it needs, the charger will not force more current than the iPhone can take. You can also plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer to charge as well as sync your iPhone.
Thank you very much, I got another problem though... I thought it would be fine to write it here and not add a new thread... I'm having difficulties upgrading to iOS 8.0.2... Could it be because the phone isn't italian? I'm getting lots of errors and right now it entered DFU mode... I got an unknown error while upgrading and it just entered it... What can I do apart from restore?

EDIT:I decided to restore since I fortunately had just done a back up but not of iCloud unfortunately :( and it's 4:30ish in the morning and I kind of need it tomorrow... But I've had problems with the restore as well... I mean... I've done tons of restores in dfu mode because of jailbreak and never once had a problem... And now I'm getting all sorts of errors such as 3004... What is wrong?

EDIT2:Restore isn't working... I keep getting error 3004:(

Last edited:
Error 3004 can mean that your computer can't connect to the Apple servers during the restore process. Maybe you lost your network connection at some point during the process?

Try some of the suggestions shown here. Resolve iOS update and restore errors
No I'm positive, 100% the connection is perfect and I tried 10 times from one mac and 1 on another and I tried the apple website as well, nothing works

Now the error is 3014... It's an iphone 6 plus how could it not be eligible for iOS 8.0.2? O.0 i got school and haven't slept almost at all :(

Did you remember to turn off any firewall and anti-virus protection on your computer before starting the process? Not doing so can cause problems during the restore process.

I have... Firewall I'm not 100% sure but I had just restored an iPhone 4s to iOS 8.0.2... I mean 2 hours before trying to update my iPhone 6 plus I had just restored the 4s... You have no idea how desperate I am :( I tried ipconfig /flushdns as well... I keep getting the error and I can't even use the phone on iOS 8 because it's stuck in dfu mode... It got there when I was trying to update it to iOS 8.0.2... I'm so tired I don't even remember if I mentioned this before