What's new

iPhone 6 plus' battery permanently ruined by jailbreak

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I strongly believe that my iPhone 6 plus battery has been ruined by jailbreak... I've installed battery life and it tells me that my max battery % is now around 93 and sometimes 90%... This means that I'm losing on a lot of battery even when it's at 100%... I actually noticed this before checking with battery life and the battery was draining a lot quicker... Before I could leave home in the morning with still 100%, 99% sometimes, now it's down to 95-94% when I leave home... I know it's not a lot of drain but it actually scales and when I get back home if I barely use it I have 80-75% when before I could come back with over 85% for sure and sometimes 92-93% even...

My question is this... Can I fix it if I restore, cleanest restore I can do with not even backup restore? So that not even cydia dependencies go back to a non-jailbroken phone.

But I'm not super expert about this that's why I'm asking a second opinion; I'll be extremely grateful to anyone that can help me

Can't imagine jail breaking could have caused you battery issues but anything is possible. I quit jail breaking mine. Caused too many stability issues. Just my 2 cents

Can't imagine jail breaking could have caused you battery issues but anything is possible. I quit jail breaking mine. Caused too many stability issues. Just my 2 cents
Unfortunately it did, can't be anything else... Of course it's not actual jailbreaking that did this but some tweaks and I believe it may have been the combination of BioProtect, which I literally love but if it means getting back my battery I'd delete it right away, and Auxo 3... In BioProtect's change log a couple of patches ago I believe there was written that it fixed the memory leak which I understand it means also battery drain... But it can't have been anything else... It started after I installed Auxo 3 and it got worse, now I don't have it anymore but maybe there's still some leftover dependency although I did delete all with icleaner pro

It's very likely that all you need to do is re-calibrate the battery percentage meter. To do so, all you have to do is run your battery all the way down then fully recharge it and your battery percentage meter should now show an accurate charge level.

Try this and let us know how it goes.

It's very likely that all you need to do is re-calibrate the battery percentage meter. To do so, all you have to do is run your battery all the way down then fully recharge it and your battery percentage meter should now show an accurate charge level.

Try this and let us know how it goes.

I've already tried it, I then recharged it to 100% without unplugging it, not sure if it actually can do something but I've read about it, done it since it didn't take really any effort but nothing, it was exactly the same.

What I'm thinking is this... Either BatteryLife tweak is showing a wrong max % and the battery is draining faster because of some tweaks or I don't know what, or it's showing the correct percentage and the battery is draining at the same speed but since it has less max capacity it looks faster...

If I were to restore I wouldn't actually have any way to objectively verify that the problem was fixed though because I don't think that there's any app, or at least none that I know of, that let's you see your maximum battery %... But if it's very likely to improve and get back to normal I'll do it in a blink of an eye

EDIT: I was reading your reply again and I think I didn't explain the problem properly, the battery that it shows is pretty much correct (kind of) the problem is that the maximum capacity instead of being 100% or really close (100% would be 2855 maH on a 6 plus) it's 91% or around that... This means that when I make a full recharge it shows 100% which is correct because the battery is full but it's actually at 90%ish because the maximum capacity dropped from 99% (which if I recall si pretty standard) to 91%... I've read that this can happen after a lot of cycles of recharge but I don't really have that many, around 100ish so I strongly doubt that that's the problem and it can't drop 10% every 100 cycles, it looks pretty impossible.
I hope that in this long message I've made myself clearer. Thanks a lot for helping me out, I appreciate it immensely

Last edited: