What's new

iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8.4.1 update

Puzzled

Reaction score
I just did my 8.4.1 update. During the update process it asked for the security code on my charge card. I thought it hd to do with my iTunes account so I inserted it. I nos have my charge carge connected to a wallet. I do not want my charge card connected to the wallet, passbook or anything. If I remove this card from my wallet, will I still be able to use my iTunes account and just insert payment info when I want to download an app, or purchase a ringtone, etc? Can I remove this with the option I found to remove this card and not have any reprocussions? There was no way to just continue without it. It really was just thrown in. Never had this in an update before.

Thanks.

I figured it out. That Passport and Apple Pay came on my iPhone. I do not use those and never will.

Anyway, when you do the update, at the end it has you register a card. It does not ask you if you want to, at least I did not have a screen asking if I wanted to set up the Apple Pay and Passport by adding credit card info. It just asked for the security code of the charge card. As I said above, I thought this had to do with the iTunes card. I got a new one because the other one expired. With that is a new experarion date and security code. I was sure I had updated my iTunes and due to the screen askimg for my security code, I figured I hadn't.

After more Googling and receiving an email from my credit card company and (I think Apple or iTunes), I found more info and decided that unregistering that card would have no affect on my iTunes account, so I deleted it from the Passport and Apple Pay thingy in settings.

There should be an explanation about what is going on when these screens come up when updating and you should be able to decline. I got no option to continue without doing that.