What's new

iPhone 6 not charging

pratham111

Reaction score
My phone stopped charging all of sudden, I have cleaned the charging slot still no luck.

How old is the battery? If it’s a couple years old or older it’s most likely time for a new battery. My coworker had the same thing happen. Phone went dead and won’t charge. The battery is old and needs to be replaced on her phone. Most likely the same with yours.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Before you decide to get the battery replaced, try the following:
Force start your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see it, let go of both. Your device will power up on it’s own.

Try a different charger, cable (3rd party cables can cause problems with charging), power outlet, or USB port (if you charge your iPhone with a computer). Last option: DFU MODE (How To Put An iPhone In DFU Mode, The Apple Way)

If it’s still not charging, you’ll have to replace the battery.

Thanks guys l have checked all the suggested and looks like battery is dead. Will replace it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks guys l have checked all the suggested and looks like battery is dead. Will replace it. Thanks for the suggestions!
Apple has the low cost US$29.00 battery replacement program that's good until the end of the year. Contact the nearest Apple Store or authorized service centre to book a battery replacement. BTW, back up your iPhone before taking it in, if possible.
Here's some details about the plan in Australia. iPhone Battery Replacement Deal Information - Mac Prices Australia

So my wife brought her phone into an Apple Store while on vacation. They replaced her battery in about one hour. Went back to the hotel and checked out and came home. The phone had no service! Everyone else in the family had 3-4 bars but her phone. Called apple, they diagnosed it and said to send it in. Ended up giving her a new phone!

I have checked with apple service center and they are now saying that there is an issue with the charging connector and replacement and service will be $400 AUD.

I have checked with apple service center and they are now saying that there is an issue with the charging connector and replacement and service will be $400 AUD.
Since an iPhone 6 can be over 3 years old it may not be worthwhile paying $400.00 AUD to have it repaired.

You can get them new for cheaper than that! Look around and see what other options you have before you spend a bunch to get it fixed. Swore I saw something about the 6s being on sale recently. Can’t remember where off hand.

Yeah it’s costly repair. I am using iPhone XS Max already so won’t invest on iPhone 6. Thanks for all your responses! Cheers