What's new

iphone 6 bluetooth range

Sister

Reaction score
my iPhone started having an issue a few weeks back, where the bluetooth won't work unless it was sitting directly next to the device it was paired to. I started noticing the problem when I had my phone playing music through my vehicle and any time I moved the phone away from the stereo, lets say to my lap, the music would cut in and out.

I originally thought it was due to the 4G network, but realized it still does it when I am on a strong wifi single as well.

I have tried pairing my phone to many different devices and they pair together just fine, the issue only happens when I move the phone away from the paired device. No matter the device. The Bluetooth connection remains connected when this happens.
It also does this if I multitask on the phone while connected to bluetooth

I had ios 10.2 when this started and had it for quite a while, so I was hoping that when I updated to 10.3.1 the issue would be fixed.. alas...NOPE!!!

Any idea? I have already followed the instructions I found here of restarting my phone.

Are there any other Bluetooth devices in the area? If so try turning those radios off to see if it is an interference issue.

It may be a problem with the internal BT antenna or connection to the antenna or the phone case depending on your case.

Are there any other Bluetooth devices in the area? If so try turning those radios off to see if it is an interference issue.

It may be a problem with the internal BT antenna or connection to the antenna or the phone case depending on your case.
Ok so I tried all of this and it still does not work unless the phone is directly next to the device ... if I move my phone away at all it cuts out. This does not happen when I am using the hands free feature for the phone however.

Oops then zstairlessone was may be correct the Bluetooth antenna could well be damaged and in need of replacement. Only cost €2000,00 at any Apple Store
Joking