What's new

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Frenzy Day Upon Us as They Hit Retail Store Shelves

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
first-nyc-store-iphone6-customer.jpg
The above shot came from Photographer: Victor J. Blue/Bloomberg

Today is the magic day for some as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are hitting retail store shelves, and/or reaching folks homes after a pre-order. For some, this day is about being a part of that enthusiastic frenzy, where you prove your passion for Apple products by being one of the first few to get your iDevice after waiting in line for hours/days.

For others, it's like Christmas day in the Fall as you anxiously await the UPS/FedEX guy, praying he doesn't drop your phone off at the wrong address. The above pic is just one example of a happy Apple fan. He's the first customer in line to lay his hands on the Apple iPhone 6 in the famous NYC store.

Of course, this frenzy phenomenon isn't limited to just the United States. This same scene plays out across the globe in England, Australia, Hong Kong and more. Whether you are the patient type who are perfectly comfortable waiting until all the brouhaha has died down, or you are one of the first in line, there's no denying the excitement as regular consumers can finally hold Apple's vaunted device!

I'm so excited for today! I drove by the local Verizon store this morning to see a long waiting line outside. I hope the UPS/Fed Ex driver shows up here shortly :)

This is the one day I regret buying an iphone 6. Mostly because I didn't pre-order mine in time, and therefore I wont be getting it till October. For everyone else, i hope you shove it in our faces :confused:

I am going to be super impressed if they really do pull this delivery off. As of yesterday afternoon, myPhone 6 had a LOT of miles to travel.

They showed the line on the news this morning in Austin. TONs of people, a lot of whom forgot their umbrellas!

Just sitting at the office waiting for the FedEx guy to deliver it ;)

There should have been some talk about making today a national Holiday. No one will be working much anyways :)

Even those that are at work will likely not be very productive once their phone gets there.

I was talking to the boys in KRCS (Official Apple dealer) in our town, I went in to see if they had any iPhone 6 goodies in yet.
They were saying that at Meadow Hall shopping centre there were literally thousands waiting, I bet some were out of luck.
The trouble there is that its a huge county and only one Apple store.