What's new

iPhone 6 - A choice to make

harry246

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum so i hope this is in the right place. To cut a long story short, I ordered an iPhone 6 from Phones 4 U (here in the UK) and they went into administration. I will be refunded in full, but this means I currently will not be guaranteed to get an iPhone on Friday.

This means I am faced with two choices. 1) I order from the Apple store online and face a 3-4 week delay (get it at the end of October). Or 2) I take a chance and go to an Apple store on Friday morning before work to get one.

Basically, I have never been in this situation before and need some advice. Do you think I'll have a chance of getting one (iPhone 6, 64GB Silver) on Friday from my Apple store, or does stock normally sell out on release day?

As mentioned before, I have never been in this situation before (this is my first iPhone pre-order) and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I heard about Phones 4 U, Why don't you get to the Apple store as early as you can and try to get one there first, The earlier you get there the better chance you have.
If that fails then you will be able to order one online, Let us know how it goes.
Good luck.

If you showed up at your local Apple Store shortly before it opens on Friday there's a very good chance that the line up will be so long that the iphone 6 will be sold out before you make it into the store. If getting the iPhone 6 on release day is important, you may want to consider getting there very early, prepared to wait all night if necessary; depending how long the line is the night before.

Right now you should order it online, you can always cancel the order if you manage to get one at the store. Online orders can be cancelled without penalty up until the order is preparing to ship.

I heard about phones4u and know a few people there who lost their jobs, managers and sales people.

Pre orders for the iPhone from them where all cancelled un fortunately, but the lines dont seem to be as bad as they get in the states, I would agree with ivy in going to the local apple store and if there is none then ordering online and waiting the 3-4 weeks it would take to deliver.

Not sure if you will use EE or already use EE, but I would not go with them as data is a rip off with them, unless you planned on using another carrier.