What's new

iPhone 5s

tim56

Reaction score
I have a question this is my first iPhone/smartphone so I am new to this . My first question is I have a iPhone 5 s with Verizon. and they gave me 1000 letters to text with then it will cost me if I want to text. If it use I free texting app from the App Store. Will that still Count towards my 1000 letters to text before it will cost me ? and my Second question is my iPhone 5s dictation feature if I want to send a email to someone with my dictation feature if that considering texting and if I what to post something to Facebook using my dictation feature is that to consider texting? Thank you for any help on this

I've never heard of only getting 1000 letters to text with. Are you sure they didn't say 1000 texts? If that's the case, you have no worries.

Most texting apps use wifi, so they will not go towards your cell text allotment. You would want to make sure you turn off "use cell data" for that particular app. Settings>Cellular>"texing app">Off

Dictation would only count if you use it to text with.

Sounds like you might not be aware that messaging between iPhones IF you both have iMessage enabled...is free. It won't go toward your count. You can turn off "Send as SMS if iMessage is not available" to avoid a count on your text plan. Settings>Messages>turn on iMessage (use your phone number to send and receive).

I don't know what kind of plan you have, but I would HIGHLY suggest you do a bit of "googling" and also find someone that can help you turn off some cellular items until you get it figured out. Since this is your first smartphone, there is a lot to learn and it will be a shame to learn it and get a $300 phone bill! Play around with it as much as you can while on wifi.