What's new

iPhone 5s won't boot, please help!

arch2301

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a used iPhone 5s about three months ago, it has worked great and had no problems. A day or so ago I shut it down completely when I wen't to sleep. When I tried to turn it on in the morning it showed the apple logo for about 10 seconds then crashed. I tried restarting several times, I tried resetting (holding power and home) and still nothing has worked. I eventually connected to iTunes to try to update/restore, which worked at first but part way through the phone disconnected and the process was canceled. I tried several more times and it always disconnects at the same spot. I would rather not have to get a new phone and I didn't have it backed up either so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried both of these, they seem to work at first but part way through the restore the phone disconnects from the computer. I thought I was just unlucky the first time but it happens at the same spot every time.

Try a different cable, USB port, and computer if possible. If your iPhone still disconnects, take it to the next Apple Store.