What's new

IPhone 5s randomly reboots then loops constantly.

Azgar

Reaction score
My iPhone 5s just reboots and continues to reboot for no apparent reason. No warranty remains. One of the repair stores diagnosed the battery but the problem persisted after the battery replacement. They are unable to find the problem.

I don't know what to do and am unable to use the phone. Can anyone please give me advise or let me know if you have experienced a similar problem and have managed to get it fixed.

Did you try force starting your iPhone? In most cases, the battery is not the reason if problems with an iDevice occur, but software issues.

Force start your device by pressing and holding Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. When you see the logo, let go of both buttons. Your iPhone should power up on it's own.

Hi J.A
Thank you for the reply. Yes I have done that on numerous occasions. I tried that before I handed it in for repairs.

How do you put it in recovery mode?
The description is in the link I provided.
You need a computer with iTunes installed. Make sure iTunes is not open. Connect your iPhone to the computer (cable), open iTunes, and force restart your iPhone.

Are you running IOS 11? If so you maybe having the problem with rebooting that Apple have just hopefully fixed with IOS 11.2, which came out yesterday.
If you restore the phone, as JA suggests, you will automatically be running the latest IOS.

The description is in the link I provided.
You need a computer with iTunes installed. Make sure iTunes is not open. Connect your iPhone to the computer (cable), open iTunes, and force restart your iPhone.

Thank you!

Are you running IOS 11? If so you maybe having the problem with rebooting that Apple have just hopefully fixed with IOS 11.2, which came out yesterday.
If you restore the phone, as JA suggests, you will automatically be running the latest IOS.

My iphone is now working after doing all that you have suggested. Many thanks!

I have a question, is this iPhone 5s now running on iOS 11.2 if so, l would like to ask the original poster what they think of the new iOS version.
Good and Bad
Thanks in Advance