What's new

IPhone 5S IOS issue & Photo Issue

Fosters723

Reaction score
Hello,

I avoided the update for my iphone for a long time because my husband had issues with his phone was he did them. Once I was tired of getting the forced reminders to update. I finally went to do the update, Now 9.3.2 and my phone tells me Unable to unstall update an error occured installing IOS 9.3.2

I have deleted 90% of the apps on my 32gb phone, I do have close to 5k photos which I also deleted a lot of.those

I thought if I backed up the phone and restored it maybe I would able to get the new OS to work, but I wanted to save the photos to my computer first to make sure that I had them. So this leads me to the second problem.

I plugged the phone in, The box pops up asking if I want to import all pictures and videos, I clicked this and the import button, they all appeared on the imported photos tab on the side bar, I must have closed something and then when I reopened and clicked on imported pictures they weren't there. I tired to replug in the phone and do this again and it tells me there are no new photos to uploaded. I didn't delete any from my phone yet. and I wanted the photos to go to a file on my desk top but I couldn't get the import settings button to work so I just let them upload wherever they wanted which was imported photos.

Can somone please help me with this. I am ready to throw the phone, I have been living with this for months and I am so tired of it.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Am I to understand that the photos are no longer on your iPhone and aren't anywhere to be found on your computer? If this is the case and if those photos are not backed up somewhere else they are, unfortunately, lost. When photos are exported to a computer from an iPhone they are not automatically deleted from the iPhone. You must have accidentally deleted them. Do you have an iTunes backup of your iPhone on your computer that was made when the photos were still on the iPhone? If you do, restoring the iPhone from that backup will get your photos back.

I am sorry. The photos are still on the Iphone, but when I plug the phone into the computer it says no "new" photos so it doesn;t allow me to follow the steps I did the first them when I put them on the computer. I just don't know where they went on the computer so I was trying to do the same steps over to get them to load again and I get that message no new photos...

I believe I can plug my iphone into the computer and then go to computer >click on the Iphone > and click and drag the photo file to my desk top folder, It says it would take about an hour compared to the way it did it the first time & I would have them in all of these weird labeled folders, but if I can't figure out how to do it another way this is a last effort.

Any idea on why my phone won't accept the new os?

It didn't give me an error number, just the message

When you tried the update did you try it OTA or through iTunes. If you tried it OTA, try updating through iTunes on your computer.

I have tired both, On the computer it says there is not enough storage and also give me an error about needing to go to some type of setting and change something. I will try to do it again so I know what the message says and post it here.

After plugging in my Iphone and clicking update, the error that pops up says

Updating to IOS 9.3.2 requires at least 770mb of free space on your iphone, please change your media sync options to make more storage available.

I am not sure what media sync options are.

After plugging in my Iphone and clicking update, the error that pops up says

Updating to IOS 9.3.2 requires at least 770mb of free space on your iphone, please change your media sync options to make more storage available.

I am not sure what media sync options are.
That would mean unselecting enough media items such as movies and TV shows when syncing to allow for the required space for the update. After the update is completed you can normally sync all or most of that content back onto your iPhone.

I don't have any movies or TV shows saved to my phone, could it mean anything else? What do you suggest?