What's new

iPhone 5s hot after housing change

leeballleeball

Reaction score
Hello

Changed the housing on my iPhone 5s. I've done a few before but not had this problem.

It's get really really hot. Even when it's turned off but still on charge

I've removed the motherboard and thinking I may have connected a cable wrong but to no avail

Also taken the screen off and then plugged it in to charge to see where the heat is coming from

It seems to start from the top right the section under where you connect the screen. Then the whole motherboard begins to get hot. I've tried to different batteries so it's defo not that

Can anyone help me please

Would really appreciate it .

Definitely sounds like you've accidentally created a short somewhere. There's an abnormal path that creates current flow through a part or parts where there shouldn't be. The most likely thing that would have happened is that a part got moved slightly out of position during the case change, and the case is shorting something, or shorting to something. The next most likely cause would be that something got moved or bent while changing the case and it's shorting to another part. If you don't find the culprit, it may be necessary to remove the case to perform a careful examination of any parts which may be out of place and shorting to the case when assembled. Sorry to not be of more specific help.

Thanks for your response

I've taken the motherboard out to try and see any problems but I couldn't see anything

I thought maybe reseating it may help but it doesn't

The metal plate in the centre is what's getting hot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    707.9 KB · Views: 514