What's new

iPhone 5S : First Images ?

I'm sitting with the 4S and only considering an upgrade because my contract is up and I'm being forced into a new (much more expensive) one. I'm perfectly happy with my 4S on Verizon's 3G network. I don't stream content requiring faster speeds since I have tablets for that.

I considered the HTC One but it is a little large for my tastes. I'm one of those smartphone users who don't want my phone encroaching too much into tablet size territory. I'm happy to read that the 5S won't be getting any larger. Apple needs to step up its game though and offer seriously new features though because other manufacturers are looking more attractive. I trust they will because Apple rarely disappoints.

Nice thing about Apple is the ios, and that means that my 4s will be as good as new when the new ios7 will be available. And another thing is because it can't be customized. I had a Nokia n8 previously, and went mad on themes and changing and and and... in the end I just confused myself to the extreme.. With Apple it is so nice, everything looks and work 100% and I think most of the people will just confuse themselves customizing. My wife and daughter have the iPhone 5 and with the upgrade to ios 7 we will still look the same.... speed difference is of such a small nature....

Keep your iPhone 4S. It's one of the best cellphones ever. I sold mine and upgraded to a 5
but miss my 4S, 32 G, everyday. Jailbroke & unlocked, it's going up in value every week. It work very well and was reliable. I should have kept it even when I bought the 5.
The iPhone 4S is a real winner and will be for a long time. The only thing that would change my
feelings were if Apple introduces iPhone 6 with
a super duper chip set but I suspect that may take another year or so.
Stay happy. Save your money and enjoy a good
cellphone: " iPhone 4S ".
Drjoepa

Last edited:
Keep your iPhone 4S. It's one of the best cellphones ever. I sold mine and upgraded to a 5
but miss my 4S, 32 G, everyday. Jailbroke & unlocked, it's going up in value every week. It work very well and was reliable. I should have kept it even when I bought the 5.
The iPhone 4S is a real winner and will be for a long time. The only thing that would change my
Drjoepa
I agree. 3 Things between my 4s and my wife's 5: 1. Wi-Fi seems better on 4s most of the times - same place, same router. 2. My wife struggle sometimes to get connection on 5 and needs to dial again. 3. Home button - just more smooth on 4s than on 5 - when holding phone in hand and operate, 4s just feels that little bit more "classy".... BUT, iPhone 5 is great!!! Looking forward to the new release... whatever they will call it eventually.

Last edited:
How long does your battery last

I don't use cellular data that much, mostly wifi for me, Battery lasts longer when on wifi... So its all good for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. . .

Drjoepa

As a gamer by blood & soul, i would like that to happen sooner, also chip should be super enough to play PSP & PS1 emulators... I seriously want that to happen, its to tiresome to have a psp in my pocket along with my iPhone & cogerrete's all the time. I would like it when i can play all games on my iPhone than keeping my pockets loaded! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. . .

Those specs don't look very good compared to the competitors, like SAmsung and HTC hopefully Apple should come out with something really great to win the market this time.

Those specs don't look very good compared to the competitors, like SAmsung and HTC hopefully Apple should come out with something really great to win the market this time.
The paperwork that shows the specs are a lot different from actual performance. My son got Galaxy S4 and my wife and daughter iPhone5 and me iPhone 4S - actual performance and usage are something different - the following on the GS4 (Everything I mention is not an iPhone problem) - 1. Lagging 2. Battery drain 3. On/off switch placement 4. Speed on net (chrome vs safari). 5. Connection issues 6. Data using for updates (you need to switch off everything manually to get rid of these data usage). Actually you need to use the phones and then you will see that paper specs are just a selling gimmick. I think the 5s will be a happy and nice experience to users....