What's new

iPhone 5s and iPad have stopped syncing texts via iMessage

wordsmyth

Reaction score
Until now I've never had a problem with my iPhone and iPad syncing texts messages.

However, recently I updated my Apple ID password and afterwards the phone and ipad stopped syncing with iMessage.

What I've done -

1. Turned iMessage off on both devices

2. Rebooted the devices

3. Turned iMessage back on and confirmed both devices.

Still no sync, so what now?

Thanks, and yes. Nothing was changed except the Apple ID password, and I've rechecked the settings to make sure.

??

Are email address and telephone number checkmarked on your iPhone and iPad, in Settings - Messages?

You might have to force close the Messages app to make it work again.

Are email address and telephone number checkmarked on your iPhone and iPad, in Settings - Messages?

You might have to force close the Messages app to make it work again.

Thanks. I just looked and they are on the phone, but I'm away from the house and will have to check the iPad when I get back home.

Are they both updated? My 5S on 5.1.1 stopped syncing after I upgraded all the rest and set up 2 factor verification. I don't know if that is what did it, but the timing is right.

zstairlessone, They are both updated - to 10.1.1 by the way.

J.A., it was the phone number to my iPhone. When I went back and looked it had become unchecked on the iPad. As soon as I checked it the two devices began syncing again.

That said, I'm puzzled as to why it became unchecked. All I did was change that password.

Probably, I touched it at some point in the looking for causes and just did not realize it.

Either way, ti's working again. Thanks.