What's new

iphone 5s all buttons not working

symbiot999

Reaction score
I recently bought this iphone 5s and normally I would not bought it but when I met with the guy to buy it my dog got off the leash and i gave him the money not bothering to check the buttons. The iphone seems to not have any damage what so ever but for some reason none of the buttons work. any ideas has anyone ever heard of this? Does anyone know anything I can do? I have already figured out the assisted touch and can lock it and go to home and stuff but my I am worried when I am not around a plug to be able to use it thanks any help would be good

hey found a work around if anyone has this problem after major youtubeing and googleing I found that I can enable hey siri now all I have to do is say hey siri and it wakes up

or have a set of head phones its wierd though i noticed when its not plugged in hey siri does not respond

or have a set of head phones its wierd though i noticed when its not plugged in hey siri does not respond
You need an iPhone 6s/6s+ or newer to use Hey Siri when not plugged into a charger.

In regards to the buttons not working, have you tried resetting all settings to see if resetting the settings to default will get the buttons working?

Yes I read the small print now, also yes I just tried reseting all settings and nothing they still do not work.

Are you sure my iPhone 5s doesn't need to be on a charger for siri to function? I'm confused if no buttons work, how come the touch function works?
Maybe you could back it up and up date to the latest software. 9.3.5

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

yeah I just did that updating did not work, yes only the touch pad works and no buttons it is wierd

So can you press the screen to log in with you secret code?
Not the touch function.

So sorry but l must keep it simple so l don't loose track.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

everything with the touch screen works. yes I can log in with my code but only when I have it pulged in and say hey siri or plug head phones in or plug it in to the wall then it wakes up but if I touch the screen with out doing any of that it does not wake up which is what I think your getting at.

yeah I just did that updating did not work, yes only the touch pad works and no buttons it is wierd
When you say the buttons don't work, do you mean the physical power, volume, mute, and home buttons.

How long has it been since you purchased the iPhone? Have you considered the possibility of asking the seller for a refund?

When you plug the iPhone into the socket what battery reading are you getting?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

scian57 yes i do I mean the acutal buttons like the power buttons and home and stuff. i tried asking for a refund but the guy never answers his phone go figure...

Can you reset the iPhone as new one and start again after you have backed up your information?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

He probably knew about the problem before he sold the iPhone and won't answer you for that reason.

If you live close enough to an Apple Store, make a Genius Bar appointment to have a full diagnostic done. The test is free and if the problem is software related, the solution is usually free as well. If you go, back up your iPhone first in case fixing your problem involves erasing the iPhone. You can then restore from the backup you made.