any ideas?

• apple store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new phone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kelbellz

Reaction score
I wiped my iPhone 5 and since then it will not work! initially when switching it on and going through the set up i was getting an OSM that the servers were down and to try later. I waited patiently for a few days and no change. So i did a reboot and managed to get past that screen but now i'm stuck on the icon telling me to connect to iTunes, which i do... and the restore/update is going through, it gets to 50% ish and an error message appears (code 16). Which apparently means the hardware inside the phone is faulty. Itunes works fine with my iphone 6 and iPad and it's up to date. Any ideas anyone?
iTunes.png
error15.png
IMG_0002.PNG

I wiped my iPhone 5 and since then it will not work! initially when switching it on and going through the set up i was getting an OSM that the servers were down and to try later. I waited patiently for a few days and no change. So i did a reboot and managed to get past that screen but now i'm stuck on the icon telling me to connect to iTunes, which i do... and the restore/update is going through, it gets to 50% ish and an error message appears (code 16). Which apparently means the hardware inside the phone is faulty. Itunes works fine with my iphone 6 and iPad and it's up to date. Any ideas anyone? View attachment 17859 View attachment 17860 View attachment 17857
Hey and thanks for the reply. The security is fine and iTunes updates my other devices perfectly, I've looked into it further and it seems it may be a hardware issue with the phone itself, this is going to be costly

I hoped it would be something different than a problem with the hardware.
In that case it's time to take it to the next Apple Retail Store.

how long are the warranties on iphones
The standard warranty is for one year with 90 days of free telephone technical support. AppleCare+ will extend that to two years, including free telephone technical support for the whole two years.